I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

PB57 Organizing Thread

Starts have been posted. You are welcome to ask any questions if the screenshot is unclear, although I may decline to answer your question.

(December 2nd, 2020, 11:01)Old Harry Wrote: 1. Pindicator [5pm - 9pm Pacific / 0100 - 0500 UTC] although I can most likely fit it in throughout the work day
2. Cornflakes [6-9 am Eastern US / 1100 - 1400 UTC]
3. Gavagai  05:00 - 21:00 GMT
4. The Black Sword 1700-2300 GMT (I'm pretty flexible about playing before that these days)
5. Old Harry [1900-2300 UTC]

I would scrutinize this player order some more. In particular Gavagai's window is enormous and most likely he prefers a smaller portion of the bigger window. So I would have further discussion along these lines and see if this is really the best spot for him.

Also GMT is an obsolete timezone and you really should be using UTC instead.

After the player order is finalized I can roll first in player order and the snake pick can proceed in reverse from that like we did in PBEM78, or I can roll snake pick entirely randomly separate from player order if you so wish.

The map is 32x32 Small Toroidal. There are 610 land tiles. There are more than 10 peaks on the map.

I've made a new entry about setting up an Advanced Start map or sim in my map making thread for everybody who needs it now and in the future.

Setup Sim

Noble can you confirm that those infos are accurate or is anything missing?
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

Well 510 is only for Standard Monarch. For this Small Monarch game the value is 556 to get 500g to start.

Actually 510 might be for Tiny Monarch which is what PB53 was played under. I don't know for sure.

Ok, thanks. But that value might need to change anyway for future games. Still I've updated it. Thanks for verifying.
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

I'm saying the post should not say that 556 or 510 is the value. You can explicitly say that 556 is the value for a Small Monarch game if you want 500g, and that it will vary based upon the map size and difficulty. Future games will likely not be on Small Monarch and may not want 500g as a starting budget.

Thanks for the starting screenshots Noble! Regarding play order:

(December 2nd, 2020, 16:11)Cornflakes Wrote: Quick note on play order based on past experience with Civ 6 PBEM ... Pindicator gets home from work right as I am getting ready for bed. With Pindicator > Cornflakes order we regularly had 8+ hour gap and almost never double turns. That being said, the overall turn order proposed is likely the best for locating everyone into consistent 1T/day windows. All this to say let Gavagai pick whether long-term he would like to play in the gap before me, or after.

Gavagai, any preference for playing before or after me?

No pressure to start the snake pick. I would like at least tomorrow to think through the start (considering that it is like 30-50 turns of a normal game all being played on T0 nod).

(December 18th, 2020, 14:21)Charriu Wrote: I've made a new entry about setting up an Advanced Start map or sim in my map making thread for everybody who needs it now and in the future.

Setup Sim

Noble can you confirm that those infos are accurate or is anything missing?

This part:
Quote:3. Open the file in any text editor. Add this line between "BeginGame/EndGame" into your WBSave file:

NumAdvancedStartPoints=XXX

... is not strictly necessary. Most times this line is already present, and even if omitted the value can still be changed. If omitted, the value in the loading screen will default to 0 but can still be changed during the scenario setup.

There is also another line that can be included between BeginGame/EndGame: "Option=GAMEOPTION_ADVANCED_START" ... this will cause the advanced start checkbox to be checked by default when loading the scenario, and is best used in combination with with setting a NumAdvancedStartPoints. But again, this is not strictly necessary. Without this line included, simply check the advanced start button manually when loading the scenario.