Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

Poll: Y / N ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
27.27%
3 27.27%
No
72.73%
8 72.73%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

PB57 Lurker Thread

Like gravity and spam, manually signing my name every post is one of those mysteries whose understanding would make the universe just a bit less magical.

Darrell

I have a very hard time wrapping my head around the toroidal ... er wrap. Judging from the red circle where the ai founded their cities, some distances between starting positions are less than others. The shape of the advanced starting area could make up for that. I can't tell.

I meant to play a single player game on the map, but not enough time sadly.

In random lurker spamming: for my work signature I actually don't have a sincerely / thank you line auto filled in. All the rest of the normal work signature line is there, but I always manually type the 'sincerely'.

(December 16th, 2020, 18:23)Mjmd Wrote: I meant to play a single player game on the map, but not enough time sadly.

In random lurker spamming: for my work signature I actually don't have a sincerely / thank you line auto filled in. All the rest of the normal work signature line is there, but I always manually type the 'sincerely'.

I have a work signature that is like a graphic and includes my name, title, contact info and such, as most people do I suppose. But I'm always confused as to whether that counts as signing my name or whether I should sign my name manually. So sometimes, my emails are Salutation, Body, Thanks, signature and sometimes they are Salutation, Body, Thanks, Gaspar*, Signature. To this day, I'm still not really sure which is more normal.

*I do not sign my emails with my online name
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

For work purposes, I typically send emails with a formal signature (name, position, desk phone, mobile phone, etc.) when corresponding with folks who I figure may not already have that information on hand, and otherwise I simply type " -[insert name here]" at the end of my messages, or don't write my name at all, such as when writing to colleagues who I'm exchanging emails with every hour or so.

(December 16th, 2020, 23:19)Gaspar Wrote:
(December 16th, 2020, 18:23)Mjmd Wrote: I meant to play a single player game on the map, but not enough time sadly.

I have a work signature that is like a graphic and includes my name, title, contact info and such, as most people do I suppose.  But I'm always confused as to whether that counts as signing my name or whether I should sign my name manually.  So sometimes, my emails are Salutation, Body, Thanks, signature and sometimes they are Salutation, Body, Thanks, Gaspar*, Signature.  To this day, I'm still not really sure which is more normal.

*I do not sign my emails with my online name

Don't fret, let Germany come to the rescue. We have norms for everything. In this case there exists the DIN-norm 5008 which states that all those information in your signature is mandatory but that e-mails are not signed separately besides that. That only applies to external mail though. Internally it depends on your companies culture.

(December 16th, 2020, 23:28)Bobchillingworth Wrote: For work purposes, I typically send emails with a formal signature (name, position, desk phone, mobile phone, etc.) when corresponding with folks who I figure may not already have that information on hand, and otherwise I simply type  " -[insert name here]" at the end of my messages, or don't write my name at all, such as when writing to colleagues who I'm exchanging emails with every hour or so.

Just fyi: That is understandable but really leads to issues if e-mails are forwarded to other people that than try to reach you but have no contact data

(December 17th, 2020, 11:22)Serdoa Wrote: Don't fret, let Germany come to the rescue. We have norms for everything. In this case there exists the DIN-norm 5008 which states that all those information in your signature is mandatory but that e-mails are not signed separately besides that. That only applies to external mail though. Internally it depends on your companies culture.

Sadly, something like 90% of the emails I send are internal, so I remain confused.
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

Players who are excited by all the activity in the lurker thread will be somewhat let down after the game.

Darrell

I'm done tweaking the map. It's true that some of the off-screen luxuries are not near the island, but it wasn't really possible to do that for all the spots without overhauling even bigger parts of the map. And yes, they are intentionally near good city spots.

It's not possible to equidistantly place five players from each other on a toroidal map (or any map really). But players should have a reasonable chance to attack every other player from these positions.