I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Poll: Y / N ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
27.27%
3 27.27%
No
72.73%
8 72.73%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

PB57 Lurker Thread

You can't really say who won the start a few turns into the game, especially when this game does not have the glaring errors that were committed in 53.

pindicator shouldn't have gotten into this game though, there's always going to be stuff in the fog that will be discovered during the initial turn and there's no way to avoid that unless you want a barren map. And in a regular game you scrap your expansion plans on a regular basis and iterate and modify them, it's just condensed all into one turn in this so it can be frustrating. But that is the nature of the beast and why I would not play such a game.

So probably the biggest mistake I made with the map is the rivers. Whether they were able to connect the cities was a very important difference that I overlooked. Not something that comes up in a normal start.

Yes, rivers often made the difference between a normal or good position. Especially trade routes between players along long rivers are nice in wars.

Are events supposed to be on or off?

Hmm, events should be off. I thought they were supposed to be on but now I see the organizing thread that they are off.

There is a screenshot of a relevant event log in TBS' thread (post #23).

Gavagai got free shock promotions on axes in 3120 BC.

Oh yeah I missed that. I can't say I'm reading the threads that closely.

Has TBS posted a Stonehenge eta? I have not seen it started in any of his pics. Could pindi snatch it?

Not sure. But I would not expect pindicator to get it. I thought I had gone over this wonder thing with pindicator when we played PBEM45. Don't half ass your wonder attempts if you really care about getting them.

Of course you're right, but as there was no info from TBS I thought he might still stumble into it. But TBS just now reported eot 30, so pindi is 1t late alright