For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

Poll: Y / N ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
27.27%
3 27.27%
No
72.73%
8 72.73%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

PB57 Lurker Thread

(February 2nd, 2021, 15:05)NobleHelium Wrote:
(February 2nd, 2021, 14:18)Ramkhamhaeng Wrote: Swapping on the begin of the round also does not work in all cases.
The players 1+N can move two times in this case if they ignoring the player order.

I am saying that the players 1+N would have to follow player order on turn 30 and not play. So here is the full timeline.

Turn 29: Normal simultaneous turn, all players play and end turn and the turn rolls.
Turn 30: Player 0 plays but doesn't end turn. NOBODY ELSE PLAYS.
Swap game over to Sequential. Player 0 ends turn.
Turn 30 Continued, under Sequential: Player 1 plays and ends turn. Then Player 2 plays and ends turn. Etc.

Just think of turn 30 as the first turn to be played under sequential rules. Don't break that and it should work out with no problems.

I am talking about a future game. You do not want to be forcing Anarchy in future games.

Reloading to TBS's login on turn 30 and having him play without ending turn (and nobody else playing) then switching to sequential is still an option. crazyeye

You can even take advantage of the fact that Gavagai does not have a pause key by pausing the game to stop him from playing before he should. wink

3 way race for Colossus. Can TBS's t 55 be competitive possibly? I'd expect for it to fall before he gets the tech, but it's not much of a loss for him as he gets his cheap forges.

Cornflakes’s spreadsheet said he’d be done T50, which is probably before OH even starts it. Nobody other than OH has talked about ‘Mids though, so they may well get that one.

TBS has a plan of researching MC t52 and chopping Colossus t55 (post #59), but that's moot then. Haven't seen the CF spreadsheet.

Post #47 in his thread.

I'm confused, apparently Cornflakes didn't build it after all? On his t53 shot you see just regular Fin coast, and the city of Caramel Popcorn which seems to be the place he planned it for has the forge at 1/3, same as 10 turns ago, and is inn size 3 huh
Couldn't find a mention in his thread either. Did he abandon it in favour of expansion? Now TBS seems pretty much set to get it.

I don't know but Cornflakes saying he has money for 4 more cities when he's making 8 gpt seems highly dubious.

I didn’t expect OH and TBS would almost be in a coin flip for Colossus! Colour me surprised. I wonder if TBS prefers being late by a turn but still having a chance to change his build or would rather have been in a coin flip.

EDIT: I’m forgetting we are in sequential and not simultaneous for this game and coin flips aren’t a thing.

TBS would have completed the Colossus on turn order if Harry hadn't whipped. As it is TBS will get to save his forests for something else, which could certainly be another wonder. He can hold them until after he finishes Math. Or he might finish some or all of them if he doesn't want to spend time moving his workers back and forth.

(March 4th, 2021, 00:09)NobleHelium Wrote: I don't know but Cornflakes saying he has money for 4 more cities when he's making 8 gpt seems highly dubious.

After the loss of ICTR, Cornflakes is only +2 gpt at 0%  contemplate Unless he can make quick gains in the war against Gav, I think he's dead in the water.
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data