I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[PB57] Pindicator searches for his mascot

(March 2nd, 2021, 04:14)vanrober Wrote: What its the advantage of going no religion when you have already one?

Culture; When you have a state religion, only that will give culture in your cities.
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

Ohw didnt think about that. Thanks tarkeel

lol

You know why I didn't realize the Sacrificial Altar was unlocked with Monotheism?  Because the patch notes are poorly written!  I just opened up the game and looked at my altar and thought:  That's not right, you're not supposed to get the happiness unless you research another tech.

So looking at the patch notes:
Quote:Aztecs: Hunting/Mysticism. UB: Courthouse replacement: Sacrificial Alter. 50% anger duration after sacrificing population, +2 priest slots, +1 happy requires Monotheism, cost 90. UU: Sword replacement. Jaguar Warrior. Starts with Woodsman 2.

Bolding the relevant, I thought that it meant the +1 happy was unlocked with Monotheism - not that the whole building had been moved from Code of Laws to Monotheism!!  Charriu, please update these notes so it is clear the whole building has been moved and not just the +1 happy portion being unlocked with another tech.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Looking at those notes though, that's one supercharged courthouse. Hope you have fun with it smile

Been meaning to update here, and most of my pictures are from last turn.

OH has built the Colossus which is probably good for the lurkers / competitive balance of the game.  I kind of wanted TBS to get it too so I could just horcher him and take it.  Still the tentative plan, by the way.  I think I'm about 5 turns out from HBR?  Actually, I'm rethinking it a bit.  Maybe I want to econ?

rolf

Yeah, econ against the wonder builders.  That's a great idea lol

If I do rethink things it will be the target.  Gavagai has surged in power to the top spot and taken Cornflakes' island city.  Cornflakes was also in a skirmish with TBS a little bit ago.  Perhaps he is being weakened down and could use some horcher loving.

TBS did manage to beat me to this location by 2 turns but he appears to have settled a little conservatively for it.  I'm not at all displeased with this division - there are no cities that can stand between us now.  However it does mean I will have to burn his new city at some point.

In the east I'm going to take a look-see at the barbarian city.  I suspect archers are in it, but lets make sure before we find there were warriors all along.

And finally, demos at end of turn.

I still don't get how I am top in score or keeping pace in demos with the big dogs.

Sacrificial altars are coming online.  The Whipappening will soon begin.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

hammer
fnord

(March 5th, 2021, 04:07)Miguelito Wrote: Looking at those notes though, that's one supercharged courthouse. Hope you have fun with it smile

I forgot I wanted to talk about this a little.  When I signed up I had a faint remembrance of Krill buffing the Sacrificial Altar, but I thought what he had done was keep the altar at Code of Laws and then give the additional parts of it as things that unlocked with Monotheism.  The way it is set right now is just ludicrously overpowered.

Should be fun  mischief
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Stuff is getting interesting.

And this is exactly the reason I'm not settling up on people. True, I was in a bit of a race with TBS just now, but I'm very happy with the broad border we have between us. That settler in the north I thought about bringing to the west coast and sticking right between TBS and OH - but it didn't seem like a good investment. I felt like I'd have to extend more to pay for defending that one city just to grab a rice and bunch of rugged hills covered in trees and jungle. So instead we're going to pick up a filler spot.

Really, I'm banking a lot on this upcoming military push to accomplish something. Yet perhaps the Sacrifical Altars are a backup plan of bits. Two more came online at end of turn: one chopped in Flex and the other whipped at Dooley. This brings me up to 5 total.

Ending turn, demos:

I'm starting to wonder.... do I use the Great Prophet for a shrine after all? Or do I bulb Theology? Don't let the 23-turn ETA fool you: I'm about to hire 2 more priests at Dooley because Sac Altars are nuts.

Edit: fixed the turn number
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Are you going to build AP if you go Theology or is there another reason to go that in this mod?

I'm toying with ideas of a monk economy, but the main short-term reason would be to get quick 2-promo horse archers with Theocracy. Yes, I could also get 2-promo horchers with stables but at the cost of 1 round less of units. I'm already struggling to think how I'm going to get barracks and religion spread to all cities as is so eliminating another building seems worth while.

I suppose I could also just go straight for G3 longbows since it's been shown how over powered those are, but I would need a couple settled GGs first. (Yes, that last sentence is 100% sarcasm.)
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player