I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[PB57] Pindicator searches for his mascot

4 more whips, but a couple of those were granaries in newer cities.

We still took top power over at end of turn. 10 horchers now, hope to have double that when I'm eligible to revolt back to Org Rel next turn. Not a guarantee that I revolt back to Org Rel when I'm eligible to on t70, but I do like the idea of getting a few more missionaries out - the newest cities are all without religion.

Really leaning towards invading TBS. I don't like the idea of leaving the wonder-combo all that space to sit back and tech away.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Had a bit of a decision this turn as to how hard I want to whip. I'm able to revolt back to Org Rel on t71, so I had the option of double-whipping a pair of cities this turn with the goal of whipping them again right before I revolt back to Org Rel. Assuming I revolt back, I may not. In the end I decided to keep leaning on the whip hard.

First batch of horchers moved into position to hit the barbarian city.

Now, I had a good think about if I wanted to declare on Gavagai here. Decided not to, but I still might do it next turn anyway. I don't think I'll be attacking either Gav or Cornflakes because they have the most amount of units. However, it would really help TBS and OH feel at ease if I did declare on one of those two. So it would have been a bit of a subterfuge to kill that Immortal this turn and move into position. However, I think I'm just going to declare at some random point after taking the barb city and then give peace right before I move my units into TBS-land.

13 horse archers at end of turn. Probably will hit 20 by the time I switch out of Theocracy.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Also, Tetsudeo Terapin is a waste of a settler. What a horrible spot to plant a city.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

I just realized I made a horrible mistake.

I now have 2 cities named morty/mortimer. That is going to cause confusion.

The barb city fell, although I lost my first horcher to a 80% attack. TBS seeing my horse archers I think is a good thing for me here - maybe? However, Cornflakes and Gavagai have both taken peace, and I suspect it is due to my spiking power. I should have been signaling them before. Now if I declare they may think it is in earnest.

I think either I move all those horchers into Mortimer next turn and then declare on Cornflakes the turn after, moving my sentry horcher up to where TBS can see it move into Cornflakes' culture and the rest of the units back. OR if I decide to declare on Gavagai then I need to kill his Immortal, offer him a weregild for it, and then declare/move everything back. I think I need to signal to both players that I'm planning on hitting TBS, however.

I made another mistake too: I can't whip and revolt out of Theology the same turn - I have to wait for the unit to finish so it gets the full 5xp. So no revolting next turn, but the plan is still to try and complete as many horse archers as we can that turn and then get into Org Rel the turn after.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Got there

Now, should I turn off the spigot?

I got a bevy of concerned diplo messages this turn. Everybody wanting to offer me fish for fish or some similarity. I offered Cornflakes and Gavagai both Crab (i have no fish cry ) for War with TBS. OH I ignored. I'm thinking I declare on OH in the next turn or two and then offer peace before I go for TBS.

TBS built Hanging Gardens. That is bad; that's a lot of population for him to whip.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

So I know the Europeans probably won't appreciate the manic nature of this, but...

HOLY CRAP MY SCHOOL IS GOING TO THE SWEET SIXTEEN!
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Another round of diplomatic messages. Cornflakes and Gavagai basically repeated my declaration on TBS for fish (or just Gav "demanding" it), so it seems like they're on the same page. It's also in their interest for me to succeed a bit so I think they'll leave me be ... unless I become too successful.

OH then offered a War for War trade, and while I really wanted to click 'Accept' and put us both into war right then I need to move my units up into position. Without Currency it's a little tough to indicate that I'm 3 turns away from being able to declare, so this was the best I could come up with:

I really hope he understands that too, because next turn I'm going to declare on OH for a bit of an attempt at subterfuge. I will then offer him peace the turn I declare on TBS. Risky, yes, but I figure it's needed to sell it.

Now that I'm at 20 horse archers I'm not exactly stopping, but I am taking a breather to get some more infrastructure going.

I really need these additional religion spreads. And while starting a wonder instead of more horchers may seem wrong at first glance, I think AP is my win condition, so I need to get it started. After currency the plan is to go Metal Casting -> Paper and to aim for the next religious wonder.

Or maybe I should just skip Currency...
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

(March 22nd, 2021, 16:10)pindicator Wrote: So I know the Europeans probably won't appreciate the manic nature of this, but...

HOLY CRAP MY SCHOOL IS GOING TO THE SWEET SIXTEEN!

I know just about enough to appreciate that this a pretty BIG DEAL. Congratulations!
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

Thanks Tarkeel. The last time my university's team managed to do this I was in diapers.

It's also kind of neat that our in-state rival school also has managed to get to this level. I don't think that has ever happened before (edit: both of us getting to this level on the same year). And we're on opposite sides of the bracket, so clearly we are fated to play each other for the national championship lol
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Which school?
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18