For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[PB57] Pindicator searches for his mascot

Divine Ire Raider sounds fun. I assume you want Raider for Onslaught x 2 for 40% cast speed, phasing and elemental ailment immunity? I think I did put something like that into PoB once but came to the conclusion that a Assassin does more damage by close to the same speed (with silver flask). With Elusive it's probably even more lopsided towards Assassin, and it should be easier to keep a Silver Flask up (especially in Delve) than to keep Elusive up with a Raider. Only Phasing is hard (impossible?) to reproduce with Assassin - but all the crit. chance and multiplier should make up for that in damage.

There is a phasing flask too...

(December 10th, 2020, 15:58)NobleHelium Wrote: There is a phasing flask too...

True. I have to admit I'm very bad a keeping my flasks up, maybe except for a Quicksilver. It's probably one of the things I would like to be changed, because it feels like busywork to me. Though I might also just be bad at the game. Anyhow, that is the reason I often toyed around with Raider even though it is considered a weak ascendancy. But not having to keep flasks up is just nice.

I think the flask thing is awful but I also think keeping flasks up is fairly easy. It's when I intentionally try to conserve the charges that I get into trouble. crazyeye

I'm with Serdoa, my fingers are middle-aged and do not reach up to the 1-5 keys very quickly.

I played a standard Blast Blast assassin for Mayhem, so I don't want to repeat ascendancies.  And I was going to go for something a bit more conventional, like Blade Vortex or Righteous Fire Chieftain ... but then I remembered the most fun I had delving in the past was with a Trickster using Divine Ire and so I thought how could I put a spin on Divine Ire.

As for Ascendancies, you've mostly got what I'm thinking, except I'm leaning towards Way of the Poacher for the +1 frenzy charge and easy frenzy charge generation over Avatar of the Chase and +100% Onslaught.

Biggest debate right now is whether to make it crit or not.  Crit seems like the right idea because that's what is on the right side of the tree.  I keep tinkering with it, but right now things look like this:
[Image: Endless%20Delve%20Raider%20tree.PNG?raw=1]
Level 83 tree
Honestly, I should probably just go Storm Burst and not waste all the Raider attack bonuses.  But if I end up liking this char then maybe I'll try that for next league.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Tree looks good for your idea I'd say. Three points I think are worth considering:

1. I'm not sure you'll have enough mana, probably depends on the auras you run. But maybe you need to take one of the mana nodes.
2. I'd take No Witnesses as well I think, to get Elusive from time to time. I'd probably take the two points from the power charge and move them over there (+get lvl 84 for the last one)
3. I'd take the last crit-node in the shadow area instead of the phy. damage node. I believe that should be more damage.

Oh, and what do you mean with going Storm Burst? That's a spell as well, that would waste the raider attack bonuses the same way, wouldn't it?

(Also: I still don't know what I want to play in this event...)

I'm not too convinced by most of the build ideas so I'll probably just start with a witch and see if I can go either Vortex or Blade Vortex with heralds. Remote possibility of a summoner but I'm not really fond of those. I'm not really looking to get to the highest levels anyway.

Divine Ire always feels clunky to me. I ran it when it was fairly new and it looks awesome with the automaton MTX but the play felt off. Feel is pretty much everything for me with a build - if it feels jank, I just give up on it. Though my best build of the league was a Pestilent Strike character, which is a little clumsy but it was just fast enough to feel smooth. This is also why I'd probably do everything on a Raider if it were feasible, since Raider always feels good.
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

@Serdoa - Good points. I've added the Elusive nodes. I'm thinking about EB plus energy shield leach support for later levels but we'll have to see how mana is early on. I might pick up a couple of those mana nodes like you suggested.

I don't know why I thought storm burst was an attack. Well, I guess I can always swap between the two now!

@Noble - BV inquis or chieftain was one of my earlier ideas. Or RF for either as well. I think that's a good idea considering how delve tunnels are laid out.

@Gaspar -Divine Ire needs a lot of cast speed in order to not feel clunky. That's one reason I'm entertaining this raider idea.

Some things I'll tinker with as I go along:
- starting swords for more frenzy charges or starting daggers for more crit?
- is Ice Bite going to be worth running with all those frenzy charges?
- is picking up the cold conversion nodes by the ranger start worth it for some freeze/chill?
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

So I got really lucky and a Tabula dropped when I was level 4...

Divine Ire is as much fun as I remembered. 3 hours in and i'm level 40 and just zooming
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player