I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Supercharrihitstouristicharryshallowdocious

i assume if pindi meant anything by that message that he wants us to attack Gav's island(s)?
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

I don't understand the Avoid Growth thing in Iced Solo. The city is size 1. How would Avoid Growth be relevant?

This is what was supposed to happen:

We whip a granary t59 with 17 food in the box end of turn.
T60 started a stele with +5 food giving 22/22 food eot. Avoid growth is switched on.
T61 revolted and turned avoid growth off.
T62 grow with 27/22 food in the box eot saving 10 food.
T63 15 food already in the food box

Aha, I've got it - we did save 5 food in the granary, meaning we have 10 food this turn. But I didn't notice the city grew a turn early because I turned off avoid growth while revolting so the extra turn of food didn't go into the box. I didn't know cities could grow while in anarchy...  smoke

We lose 5 food, but the border pops a turn earlier thanks to whipping the stele t62 (which is why the city is size 1 this turn) allowing us to work the two seafood, so perhaps this is better long-term? please

T65

We could uncover some of Cornflakes' coast next turn, but perhaps coming back to guard Iced Solo from TBS would be a better idea. At least until it has proper units in it.
[Image: t65%20%281%29.jpg]

Pindicator is putting 18 EPs a turn into us, he's not looking so hard at anyone else. We do have a bit of history of aggression in PB18, but I thought our mutually beneficial demilitarized border in PB46 meant he wouldn't see us as the most imminent threat. I presume he's getting enough EPs to get sight on our cities and see if the Pyramids are going to be easy to steal.

TBS 50/44
Gav 108/86
CF 56/44
US 80/174 - +18 this turn.

Demos and power. TBS has a forge in his capital. He got a 12-point tech on t53, 6-point techs on t58 and t59, then a 12 pointer t62, so the first is likely Metal Casting, then something ancient, then Maths. If he gets Calendar in the next five turns and has forests to chop or a cascade lined up then he'll beat our t79 MoM plan. If he goes to Currency first then we *should* get the wonder.
[Image: t65%20%283%29.jpg]

[Image: t65%20%282%29.jpg]

Good luck with the MoM plan! Are you glad that this PB ended up sequential?
Past Games: PB51  -  PB55  -  PB56  -  PB58 (Tarkeel's game)  - PB59  -  PB60  -  PB64  -  PB66  -  PB68 (Miguelito's game)     Current Games: None (for now...)

(March 15th, 2021, 18:54)Amicalola Wrote: Good luck with the MoM plan! Are you glad that this PB ended up sequential?

We probably switched a bit early, but Gav's been good about playing his turn recently and one turn a day is about the right amount for me, so I'm not unhappy.

We usually get the turn pretty late for Hitru though, so next time I'd probably prefer to go ahead of TBS.

I do think having unit production resolve properly when you end turn rather than the simultaneous way is fairer and more fun when at war. But sequential wouldn't work on a bigger game, so modding might be the way forward there... (There was a Spanish Apolyton mod that did something along those lines, but it led to slow play from some teams in the demogame which made it somewhat unpopular, I still think it'd be worth investigating though).

Turn 67

We had a plan to settle 10sih tiles from our capital and 8ish from Pindicator's. Then he bulbed Theology and revolted into Theocracy before whipping four horse archers last turn. If he attacks Gav or TBS (Hitru thinks bowmen are particularly susceptible to horchers) then we might revisit, but the current settler will head for the filler spot near the capital where our borders won't touch Pindi's. nono
[Image: t67%20%283%29.jpg]

Demos and power. Even working 16 Colossus water tiles the economy is spluttering. At least everyone else is struggling too.

[Image: t67%20%282%29.jpg]

[Image: t67%20%281%29.jpg]

Turn 72

A couple of turns ago we settled Millennium Falcon. It's just a filler to grow some cottages and use food so that E doesn't grow unhappy, so this dinky version of the ship seems appropriate.
[Image: Milennium%20Falcon.jpg]

We also discovered that TBS' greedy city is slightly under-defended. Unfortunately we can't spare the units (4 chariots have a 90% chance of taking the city) to do anything about it right now.
[Image: t70%20%282%29.jpg]

In foreign news TBS got the Hanging Gardens last turn and bulbed Machinery this turn. He got Calendar a couple of turns ago as well so we expect the Mausoleum to pop up too. Pindi, this is who you should really attack. I sent a joint war diplo request. please
[Image: T72.jpg]

Demos and power. Pindi has whipped and chopped out something like 15 Horse Archers so far and doesn't look like stopping. Vodka says we need 7 spears in Digerasaurus to blunt that kind of attack force. We have 3 there this turn, but will add two more next turn and possibly another the turn after. That's nearly enough...
[Image: t72%20%281%29.jpg]

[Image: t72%20%283%29.jpg]

Looks like we whipped enough spears to encourage Pindi to attack TBS and few turns ago he answered positively to our joint war offer (after initially not doing anything, which forced us to whip spears we really would have preferred not to whip, well played by Pindi).

After fake war declaration to us he last turn initiated real attack vs TBS with 20 HA. We believe this will be enough to take maybe 2 or 3 cities (one already captured) before TBS gets together big enough stack of spears. Corn has also declared war against us but has not done anything, so we assume he is joining in the fun with his 5 move galley. From power we see that Pindi lost around 7 HA in the attack and TBS lost around 35000 points worth of stuff. So all in all we are really pleased with recent developments in this game. hammer

Our plan is to stand mostly in sidelines and try to capture one border city from TBS if opportunity comes along but mostly let him defend vs Pindi (and probably Corn). We will use this time to improve our eco which should leapfrog others pretty soon as we get to use more scientists with rep bonus and grow our cities.
Completed: pb38, pb40, pb41, pb42, pb46 and pb49
Playing: pbem78

Could we get a empire overview pic and a F1 cities screen pic?