Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

Supercharrihitstouristicharryshallowdocious

naufragar is right, vanrober. And I also wanted to mention that you used the wrong picture. Next time try this neenerneener 

[Image: 96a1af48f66771c278b27a9c2e524ffb.jpg]
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

(January 7th, 2021, 18:27)vanrober Wrote: I hope it fits in your plans for the P vehicle.

In spanish the vehicle that uses the Pope (pope=papa) is called papamóvil similar to batmóvil so maybe on english is Popemovil? Ive tried to search for it and i didnt found the name

(January 8th, 2021, 18:05)Charriu Wrote: naufragar is right, vanrober. And I also wanted to mention that you used the wrong picture. Next time try this neenerneener 

[Image: 96a1af48f66771c278b27a9c2e524ffb.jpg]

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! YES! YES! YES!  nod

(January 8th, 2021, 17:03)Jabah Wrote: If YH is lego & star wars fan
Kylo Ren's Shuttle
https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/kylo-...ttle-75256

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

We don't have enough carpet in the house for a thousand more lego bricks!

Turn 5

Pindicator stopped by for a look at our capital before getting bounced away by our border pop. I was worried he'd declare to sit on our resources, but then I spotted the big banner saying we have five more turns of universal peace. smile

The north west area looks great - a city between the pigs only shares a couple of tiles with the capital, but it's an awesome site. Just the place to build a stele, forge and library and pump out great people! Meanwhile the peak in the capital's borders gives us a great view of nothing much.
[Image: t5%20%283%29.jpg]

Protip #1 - take demos screenshots the turn you complete a pig-pen and before anyone else has played. We save cash this turn then burn for Bronze Working at top speed (should get it eot11).
[Image: t5%20%281%29.jpg]

Turns are coming thick and fast so I only just had a chance to figure out how the opposition started out. Pleasingly we've got a variety of different openings so we'll get a good idea of what's a good strategy for this map. I think I've got this about right, but if I've made any mistakes I hope lurkers will correct me. nod

The Black Sword PHI/IND Babylon (Garden/Bowman/Agri/Wheel)
He bought three cities and a tech (presumably hunting or mining) for 351 gold. I don't think he bought a warrior, so what did he spend the remaining 149 gold on? He got another tech t3 so must have had at least 10 gold left over. My guess is two workers and a scout. Although maybe he's very concerned about early tech speed and kept 30 gold in the bank?

Pindicator SPI/ORG Aztecs (Sacrificial Altar/Jaguar/Hunting/Mysticism)
Pindi didn't buy a tech with a Mysticism civ yikes and bought 3 size one cities. That leaves 200 gold to play with - 3 workers and a scout? 2 workers and five scouts?? If he'd saved any cash I'd have expected him to get a tech this turn...

Cornflakes FIN/AGG America (Armoury/Minuteman/Agri/Fish)
The outlier here, Cornflakes bought four cities! I think this is madness as in the sandbox our fourth city costs 5gpt, but perhaps he's got a way to pay for it. He does at least have good starting techs, but it's a bold move. Perhaps he's going for pottery before BW? Or started with gold and gems at his capital? The remaining 100 gold will have gone on a worker and possibly a scout (def not a warrior).

Gavagai PRO/EXP Persia (Satrap Court/Immortal/Hunting/Agri)
Finally Gav is the only player other than us to grow a city, starting with a size two capital and a size one second city. He also bought a tech which I'm going to guess was Mining. Or Fishing and he bought a warrior. He still had 216 gold left over, so I'm expecting an army of workers or scouts or a carpet of pre-placed improvements or for him just to burn through cash at top speed to get to BW and Pottery. Is two cites the right start for this map? Iiam

(January 13th, 2021, 16:46)Old Harry Wrote:
(January 8th, 2021, 17:03)Jabah Wrote: If YH is lego & star wars fan
Kylo Ren's Shuttle
https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/kylo-...ttle-75256

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

We don't have enough carpet in the house for a thousand more lego bricks!

Well, you always have the Ninjago line and the various "Kai's Soandso" sets.
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

(January 14th, 2021, 03:57)Tarkeel Wrote: Well, you always have the Ninjago line and the various "Kai's Soandso" sets.

I'll have to investigate.

Turn 7

I did a bit of fog gazing and I think we don't have a neighbour up this way. Also fur! Which complicates dotmapping a bit. We were planning to hurry the scout back to explore SE of the capital, but perhaps we should uncover all the water tiles here so we get the dotmap right?
[Image: t7%20%281%29.jpg]

Looks like someone else is researching a tech with pre-reqs. The other three are probably still on the first column.
[Image: t7%20%282%29.jpg]

In the spirit of the thread, have Skull's Eye Schooner (1993!):

So my childhood legos had passed some 20 years in various cellars, but we have been gradually giving them to my son over the last 2 years (he's 5 now). 6 medium boxes, all kind of stuff mixed together. Been arming all kinds of stuff that occurred to him, it's been pretty nice the ideas he's come up with as well as seeing how he has been getting more and more done by himself. He's also been getting some new sets on birthdays of course. So some time before christmas a friend told us that you can download the instrucitons of most old sets. We started with Fort Legoredo, which was rather easy as you just had to pick all the brown pieces from the boxes, but some others were rather tricky and we spent 3 days on it without doing much besides. The ship you see is another beast: as the internet tells me 892 pieces, most quite small, and pretty specific and not easily replaceable form other sets. My wife did most of the job, I just hope that we manage to keep this intact for longer than I did as a kid. Fun story, when looking in the boxes for a specific piece, I actually found it, assembled with some 15 others exactly according to the instructions, so that had been lying there in the box for some 25 years in that state, waiting to be useful again.
I apologize for not noticing that the blue sail (replacing the missing original one) was not set correctly when I took the photo, but I promise we actually got it right smile.

If you follow the links you can also see that today's instructions take you by the hand a lot more than at those times.

Oh nostalgia hits hard. I had that ship too as a child

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

[Image: jzv6XiY.jpg]
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

(January 16th, 2021, 17:10)Miguelito Wrote: So my childhood legos had passed some 20 years in various cellars, but we have been gradually giving them to my son over the last 2 years (he's 5 now).

Now this is what we should have done instead of just giving him a ton all at once. duh

(January 16th, 2021, 17:10)Miguelito Wrote: If you follow the links you can also see that today's instructions take you by the hand a lot more than at those times.

Oh yeah, I had a go at making a (multicoloured) version of the original 1999 X-wing recently and modern instructions are parsecs better.

Turn 10

The north coast is fully uncovered now. Our original plan was to settle on silk and between the pigs, but that makes a fur/clam city tricky.
[Image: t9%20dotmap%20A.jpg]

Settling on the plains hill NE of silk would make a good Moai city, but it's a slow starter and I wonder who's going to get that land on the other side of the fish? Even after shuffling east a tile the yellow city is still the strongest so we'll probably settle it before blue, then red would work well once blue pops borders.
[Image: t9%20dotmap%20C.jpg]

Of course if we pop borders in yellow or the capital before settling blue we could put blue on the coast instead, but that doesn't seem likely.
[Image: t9%20dotmap%20B.jpg]

Are there any other layouts I missed?

We re-took the lead on GNP thanks to a couple of riverside mines and working one bare grass tile (which is effectively a 2/0/2 tile because it lets us make 24 beakers, which with the Sid beaker makes 25 and rounds up to 30 beakers with the pre-req bonus, allowing us to finish BW next turn with a beaker to spare) so I thought I'd show our demos. We're (now) only working two unimproved tiles (and a lake) with our ten pop [t11 edit - actually I wasn't counting the ivory and corn, make that 4 unimproved tiles + lake - much less impressive). I'd be interested to know how the others are managing their workforce at this point.
[Image: t10%20%281%29.jpg]

(January 17th, 2021, 17:37)Old Harry Wrote:
(January 16th, 2021, 17:10)Miguelito Wrote: If you follow the links you can also see that today's instructions take you by the hand a lot more than at those times.

Oh yeah, I had a go at making a (multicoloured) version of the original 1999 X-wing recently and modern instructions are parsecs better.

My wife really loves the Nintendo Labo stuff and I have to say the way they do digital instructions for the builds there is really great.

Buy me a coffee