For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

Supercharrihitstouristicharryshallowdocious

Terrifying video SD, but how come every time I come to the thread it demands I accept cookies again?

Turn 12

Here's where the copper is. Scout will jump on it next turn and see if there's anything to make us want a copper city before the pig site.
[Image: t12%20%281%29.jpg]

Demos. We're either first or second to BW. My C&D isn't firing on all cylinders in this game.
[Image: t12%20%284%29.jpg]

Turn 17

We've got the first settler on it's way and have revolted to slavery - city four (between pig and dye) will be settled next turn.

This is the world as we know it so far. Our scouts will explore more of the east over the next few turns.
[Image: t17%20%281%29.jpg]

Demos and a few other graphs from t15. Cornflakes was the first to whip - for two pop last turn - it must have been for a worker, otherwise he could have five cities before anyone else has four. I'm loving the grids Charriu, but is there a way to make the player lines thicker?
[Image: t17%20%282%29.jpg]

[Image: t15%20%285%29.jpg]

[Image: t15%20%284%29.jpg]

Turn 18

We're first to settle a city. Not sharing any resources means it'll be a slow starter. The pig should be improved t22 at which point it'll take off.
[Image: t18%20%282%29.jpg]

This is a Diggerasaurus.
[Image: Diggerasaurus.jpg]

Demos and power. TBS overtook us on the scoreboard briefly, but Diggerasaurus puts us back on top on points, MFG and crop.
[Image: t18%20%281%29.jpg]
[Image: t18%20%283%29.jpg]

(January 22nd, 2021, 16:28)Old Harry Wrote: This is a Diggerasaurus.
[Image: Diggerasaurus.jpg]

Nothing of CIV value to add, but this IS the first time I've ever seen a lego that made me think 'awwww.' Who knew they could be cute!
Past Games: PB51  -  PB55  -  PB56  -  PB58 (Tarkeel's game)  - PB59  -  PB60  -  PB64  -  PB66  -  PB68 (Miguelito's game)     Current Games: None (for now...)

Turn 26

TBS shows his true colours. backstab Killing a poor defenceless scout and offering no reparations whatsoever. We'll hook up horses and send some chariots his way asap. Perhaps.
[Image: t26%20%281%29.jpg]

Or do we want to get sailing and pay him an overseas visit?  pirate
[Image: t26%20%282%29.jpg]

Back at home we're having a bit of lion trouble. We could take a 90 or 95% shot (with fortification) or we could wait for the settler to come out and use it and the warrior to stop the lion from attacking. Of course if the lion is in the wrong place on t30 it could delay the city by a turn...
[Image: t26%20%283%29.jpg]

Demos. The double pre-req for Animal Husbandry puts us top on GNP.
[Image: t26%20%284%29.jpg]

Turn 29

If this lion cooperates we'll settle two cities in the next two turns. Lego standing by. TBS and Pindi are up to five each already, as (I believe) is Cornflakes.
[Image: t29%20%281%29.jpg]

Demos. Nothing interesting to say about them.
[Image: t29%20%282%29.jpg]

Turn 30

Our gallant warrior beat the lion at 90% odds. Also Cornflakes got Hinduism - will he go for the Oracle to prevent TBS getting his blood-soaked mitts on it? (I'm not taking that scout kill well btw.)
[Image: t30.jpg]

Pindi seems to have settled a nice city for his horse, even though he hasn't researched AH yet. rolleye You can see ours inconveniently stuck where we can't hook them until the t50 capital border pop.  banghead
[Image: t30%20%281%29.jpg]

At least TBS's horses are similarly just out of reach. Also note our new city, Earth.
[Image: t30a.jpg]

Demos and power. We'll get TBS's graphs in 6ish turns.
[Image: t30%20%282%29.jpg]
[Image: t30%20%283%29.jpg]

While we wait for Gav to turn up here's a save stack for the next ten turns.

It's accurate except for a very annoying tile change required on t34 that I can't be arsed to go back and play all the way through. The cap needs to work corn instead of lake to have enough hammers to 1-turn the forge on t43, so the numbers in A and B are off in the stack, but right on the spreadsheet.

We should get Metal Casting eot 43 42 with 5 beakers and 3 gold to spare.

Very boring micro notes for Hitru:
t37 - Not sure what to do with worker B (Farm or cottage for E?) or F (cottage or mine for F?)

t38 - Do we whip F for the best granary-snowball or work fur/mine or just let it grow to have more commerce and headroom for getting MC?
- Barracks or unit in E?

t39 - Road D's forest instead of making the plains cot for the cap?

t42 - what to build in F?

Other things:
- I haven't added F to the spreadsheet as I'm not sure which route we want to go
- E's river doesn't give commerce through most of the sandbox, fixed for t42 when it first gets used

Just putting another post in here so that the next (actually useful) post will be on a new page and I don't keep getting dragged up to SD's facebook cookies notice.

(February 2nd, 2021, 08:37)Old Harry Wrote: Just putting another post in here so that the next (actually useful) post will be on a new page and I don't keep getting dragged up to SD's facebook cookies notice.

Thanks, but I'm already annoyed by it. Also it did the same stupid thing in the reply window.
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee