I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Supercharrihitstouristicharryshallowdocious

For those not reading the tech thread we had a bit of trouble with switching to sequential for which the fix involved a turn of forced anarchy for everyone. But I found an issue:

The workers who I left automated (2 chopping, 1 mining) carried on and carried out those actions on the anarchy turn while the ones who had been cancelled or had finished an action did nothing. eg Crane isn't due to get this chop in until next turn (t33 now, but t32 in my sandbox - I'm certain I've accounted properly for the anarchy turn) when it will complete the granary.
[Image: t32%20anarchy%20workers.jpg]
If everyone gained the same number of worker turns (three) this might be okay (even though it trashes my micro plan), but if not then we need a new fix...

Yes, Ramk forgot to cancel the actions for all workers before ending the turn. Perhaps the definition of "automated workers" was ambiguous.

(February 2nd, 2021, 08:52)Charriu Wrote:
(February 2nd, 2021, 08:37)Old Harry Wrote: Just putting another post in here so that the next (actually useful) post will be on a new page and I don't keep getting dragged up to SD's facebook cookies notice.

Thanks, but I'm already annoyed by it. Also it did the same stupid thing in the reply window.

i deleted the offending post.
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

Turn 33

We're sequential now. Hold on to your hats! This scout will head south (east if the lion allows it) next turn. He should run into one of Cornflakes and Gav, at the moment I have fingers crossed for Gav...
[Image: t33%20%282%29.jpg]

TBS put IND and surplus early hammers to good use with Stonehenge.
[Image: t33%20%283%29.jpg]

Demos. Should have taken the version after turn roll where we grew a couple of cities and went back to #1 mfg.
[Image: t33%20%281%29.jpg]

(February 2nd, 2021, 18:58)superdeath Wrote: i deleted the offending post.

Now I feel bad. Does this make up for it? (It's all good, but fast forward to 2:55 if you get impatient.)

(February 4th, 2021, 19:23)Old Harry Wrote:
(February 2nd, 2021, 18:58)superdeath Wrote: i deleted the offending post.

Now I feel bad. Does this make up for it? (It's all good, but fast forward to 2:55 if you get impatient.)

thats one way to waste a bunch of time lol
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

Turn 35

The Map Speculation Special turn report. The world wrap tells us something about where Gav and Cornflakes must be. My guess is that one is to our NW over water and the other to our SSW over water. We'll get a scouting work boat out of Crane in five turns to try to find them. It looks like our southern neighbour is actually Pindicator, which is good news as we had very good relations in PB46.
[Image: t35%20%283%29.jpg]

Demos. Pindi landed Buddhism last turn (Cornflakes already got Hinduism) and TBS whipped a couple of times this turn, which could mean an army of chariots on it's way, or that I'm getting paranoid. We'll get graphs on him next turn, so we'll know more then.

Our GNP is struggling, but TBS gets 15 culture from Stonehenge and Pindi and Cornflakes get at least 5 each for having holy cities, so don't panic. Yet. ipecac
[Image: t35%20%284%29.jpg]

Turn 36

Pindi founded Buddhism in Dooley Skeleton. The land between us doesn't look amazing thus far, so I'm hopeful that we'll get the cow/fish city we want on this border. We meet Gavagai, presumably his empire is to the SW of here.
[Image: t36%20%281%29.jpg]

Demos and graphs. The others are whipping a bit harder than us, so our crop and MFG continue to be stellar. Let's not look at GNP until about turn 60 or so.
[Image: t36%20%282%29.jpg]

If I have time I'll look at this page to figure out which techs TBS and Pindi have got so far.
[Image: t36%20%284%29.jpg]

Meanwhile this page shows us we're neck and neck with Pindi and a little ahead of TBS on food while mostly being ahead of both on MFG (although they're whipping harder, so that may not be an accurate reflection of total hammers).
[Image: t36%20%285%29.jpg]

Turn 38

Our scout discovers another route to TBS, albeit one that Pindi is more likely to control than we are. The current plan down here is to settle W of the western cow in 5-10 turns, then probably between crab and rice a lot later on.
[Image: t38%20%282%29.jpg]

Looks like I forgot to mention the settling of Fire Engine a few turns back. It's working the furs now which is great for our economy. Settling off the coast was a tough call, but we needed the pig first-ring to keep the snowball going.
[Image: t37a%20%283%29.jpg]

[bzzt] Let's go guys! There's a beaver stuck in a tree! [/bzzt]
[Image: Fire%20Engine.jpg]

Demos and power. AT-AT is 2 pop bigger than the next biggest cities (for now) which is partly why our GNP is looking good.
[Image: t38%20%285%29.jpg]
[Image: t38%20%284%29.jpg]

Turn 41

TBS settled his first overseas city. Ours is still ten turns away.
[Image: t41%20%283%29.jpg]

Demos and power. I've tried to figure out what TBS is up to. I'm happy with what he did up to t27, but at that point I'm not sure what techs he got. He definitely got Sailing, but probably t27 or t29 as getting it eot38 shouldn't let him settle the overseas city t41. The other tech at that point could be Animal Husbandry. There's a big power jump t29 which could be Archery or an axe.

No idea what the t39 tech was, but it could be Masonry to allow him to build the great lighthouse or 'Mids... 
[Image: t41%20%286%29.jpg]

[Image: t41%20%281%29.jpg]