For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

Babylon's Nebula of Cheddar(Phi/Ind)

I'm still a little burned out, but yeah, one game at a time is a lot more fun.

After I peaced out the dogpile I had taken a good bit of damage. Pin was/is leading by quite a bit. OH had a big army, but his tech rate was really poor since he has no Rep/Environmentalism/Merc civics. Corn had a very small army, but competitive demographics. I was probably second place.

OH has been attacking Cornflakes and doing a pretty good job of it. If me and Pin stayed peaceful, and either sniped an appropriate amount of Corn's territory, or hit OH as he was invading, then I don't think OH or Corn could have caught back up. But that would leave me in a 1v1 with Pin that I don't see how I could win from this position. So my goal the last few turns has been to hurt Pin as much as possible, while letting OH try build himself back up into a contender. I think I need an unstable 3 player endgame to have a chance of beating Pin.

At some stage I might backstab Cornflakes, to gain some land as well as speed things along for OH. Right now I'm happy to use his culture to snipe at Pin though.

Also, Pin has got to have a big stack of Cuirs hidden somewhere, which is a bit scary.