Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

Babylon's Nebula of Cheddar(Phi/Ind)

Ah, where are you located TBS? I know you're European but not more specific than that, although maybe I've forgotten.

I'm from Ireland.

If I lose Stonehenge to a coinflip this turn, it's my fault for not ensuring we switched to sequential by now(where I'm first in the turn order).

[Image: yIqBSL7.jpg]

After Stonehenge we will put two turns into a settler, along with the last chop, then whip it. Provisionally we grow to 5 on the Great Lighthouse after that, but I'm still not 100% sold on it without a 2nd island.

[Image: ZcuqkSm.jpg]

Once Buffy gets to size 4 it spends 5 turns building a settler for the island and then whips it to completion. By giving the cottage to the capital next turn and working forest instead, we'll have enough hammers to overflow the WB for the island on the turn after the settler.

[Image: 2s9i9sE.jpg]

Chuck picks up the capital's mine, so that it can use that cottage. It whips the boat for the island and then follows it up with a settler for the gems spot 4-5t afterwards. There's a lot of potential tile swapping with the capital, I haven't decided exactly there yet. The new warrior can finish defogging the gems.

[Image: 5graDAP.jpg]
[Image: sDZjSTt.jpg]

Daredevil and Expanse are just 1-whipping their granaries and then growing towards size 4.

[Image: 3Rp5xzO.jpg]

I'll have 3 workers accelerating this dye city since it is so powerful. We'll get the wheat improved in the minimum 2t and get a size 1 granary chopped with full value. Two of the workers then transition through roading the copper and land back cottaging the tile SW of the horse on T39, ready to improve it as the border pops T40. The 3rd stays to finish the copper.

The last worker is chopping at the capital. He'll put the 4th worker turn into that cottage by the horse when he's finished, then waste 1 turn moving back towards Chuck to prepare for the Gems city.

So why did you build the plains cottage on the nonriverside tile when there are three riverside plains available?

The two reasons are that it is a shared tile with Buffy, and I was trying to be efficient with worker turns. It would have cost 1 extra worker turn, looking back that would delay the ivory 1t, the wheat 1t, probably there'd be some ramifications for this Eastern city since everything is so tight over there too.

I was a bit worried at the time that it was a poor use of worker turns. I just couldn't find any other use for them, within the constraints of other tasks, that I liked better.

Edit: Actually, I remember I was also trying to make sure the worker was free when copper showed up. Otherwise I might have been able to find a plan where I skip the cottage.

I'm curious, if Daredevil and Expanse are both going to 1-whip granaries, why does Daredevil build a bowman but Expanse build a garden straight away?
Past Games: PB51  -  PB55  -  PB56  -  PB58 (Tarkeel's game)  - PB59  -  PB60  -  PB64  -  PB66  -  PB68 (Miguelito's game)     Current Games: None (for now...)

Daredevil is just putting 1h into the Bowman in case I need to emergency whip it during the 3 turns it spends at size 2 before the garden whip. It's going back to the garden next turn. I doubt I'll need the emergency whip but it can't hurt and I very likely build a bowman anyway after the garden. I would do the same in Expanse but it can't spare the hammers without delaying the garden a turn.

I'm a bit worried I made a mistake in valuing the GLH over the Oracle. It seems quite a long slog to manually tech Metal Casing and new cities are getting quite expensive after the gems too, so my tech rate could drop further. Getting a whole bunch of beakers up front may have been more important than I was thinking.

All the reloading has made it a bit tricky to track Cornflakes score, but it looks like he did get a tech 1-2 turns after founding Hinduism, which could be Priesthood. I could chop out the Oracle in Daredevil on discovering the tech, but I'm afraid I won't be in time if I have to grab Sailing and Masonry first for GLH.

Got my last contact in Pindicator:
[Image: WEZYicU.jpg]

Also, this gems location is nuts. It's so good, that I really need to allocate more than the 1 worker to it.  That's pretty tough unfortunately, most of my cities are already occupied in this time frame. I considered building the worker in capital and delaying the GLH. If I don't get beaten to GLH this would probably be a good move, but I decided I don't want to delay the wonder 3-4t. So something is going to have to give in my worker schedule, because there's a lot of other resources coming online as the city is founded.

Pindicator also founded Buddhism, so the path to the Oracle looks even weaker and I should probably not tempt myself with it.

[Image: pYxwX6v.jpg]

I guess I can't settle further west past the gems city, and we could probably try get 1 more city further south.

Settling 1S of the wheat might be worth it. Lose plains hill, but gain GLH trade route and some nice tiles. Leave the possibility for the southern city to settle first ring fish. A hill is nice for a border city though. We'll try get a bit more info before making final decisions.

I can get the 2nd worker over here after he finishes improving the copper too. Doesn't seem like I have enough worker turns to chop a size 1 granary but other than that we can give the city the best start possible.

[Image: XHFdtrv.jpg]

Settled Firefly, wheat improved next turn, granary chopped on the following one. The Expanse will be able to 4->2 whip a worker in time for the corn border pop, so I'm ok with workers vacating the area after the copper.

I also got a trade connection with Cornflakes. He has 4 additional resources over me connected to his network - rice, gold, cow, copper. I have 2 sheep and 2 wheat in borders but not on my network, I imagine he has some of that too though. It feels like his Chuck-equivalent city managed to move out a tile or 2 and pick up some resources of its own. It explains the high GNP anyway.