Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

Babylon's Nebula of Cheddar(Phi/Ind)

Who do you want to answer?
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

Ah, sorry. I thought for a second that this game was CtH and I couldn't remember that change. But it's RtR.

Who needs fancy Ethiopian monuments?
[Image: oYqQjLQ.jpg]

I was planning on settling my Prophet in Daredevil, which was important to save a turn on the Colossus though. I'm also a bit away from Maths for a Currency bulb and I can't bulb MC when I'm halfway there. This is almost certainly better than a settled Prophet but I'll have to switch the plan up a bit.

Actually, I think I would have preferred the Prophet. We're at least 15t away from Maths and being able to bulb Currency. I also don't see any way to get the extra turn back on the Colossus. Hard to run a safe trade mission without open borders. I just don't see a good way to make this work. If I knew about it and could plan beforehand then the GM would have been great, but now it's going to slow me down.

[Image: N2ZncnT.jpg]

I was originally planning to settle 1N of the gems this turn and immediately start pasturing the cows. But after I finally got this border scouted I decided to settle forward for the sheep instead. It screws up the micro, but I think we're at the end of the free land and it's worth valuing the extra city over the snowball. It would take quite a while for me to get another settler up here and I think it's very likely I lose this land if I don't settle it now. OH doesn't have horses connected btw.

For similar reasoning, I also decided to 3-whip my capital instead of the intended 2-whip next turn to speed up the plant down here:
[Image: OfMyAcp.jpg]

If I'm lucky Pin might road those cows when his worker is leaving the area. That would allow me to safely set up trade mission by roading the plains hill forest, which would be amazing value from the GM.

I just realised that if I war-peace someone then I can safely get my trade mission off during the peace treaty. I only get 700g instead of 900g, but I'd be still very happy with that. So I declared on Cornflakes, since I already trashed our trade routes not long ago. Unfortunately I don't have a good excuse for the action, so I think there's a decent chance he figures it out and only offers a cease fire. It doesn't make sense for him to keep signing treaties if he's up Crossbows on me either. Still, it's worth a shot I think.

Regarding the city by Pindicator, I think I'm going to settle it 1S so it doesn't orphan the crabs. This means it doesn't have any power tiles for 10t until it's border pops though. Quite possibly a mistake, it will take a loooong time to payback. Again I'm only doing it because we're just at the end of claimable land.

Cornflakes gave me a treaty! Maybe he thinks I'm just paranoid after all his attacks in 53.  lol

A bit embarrassing to have wasted 5t on this gold, but I'll take it.

Or maybe Cornflakes has his own problems - he just lost a city to Gav. Too busy to finish that Colossus?

[Image: TxJ0bn6.jpg]

[Image: FmxpQNR.jpg]

Pindicator spooked me enough that I decided to settle in my original spot instead. His warrior would have seen my settler+2Bow settling party, but he decided to move up his own trio of units anyway, instead of speeding their re-route elsewhere. So maybe he has more units incoming? I should be safe enough, with potentially 5 bows in the area if necessary, but his confidence is worrying.

Settling the city 1S doesn't really make it too much more dangerous in the short term. But it delays the city's own snowball massively, which is important for whipping it's own defence, as well as being 1 tile further from reinforcements from my core and being slightly more annoying to fork. I was already on the fence on whether it was worth it economically. We do get one long term benefit for giving up the crabs - we won't be able to be hit by 2-movers from the fog.

[Image: tDwMfXp.jpg]

I would have completed the Colossus this turn if I had rolled my Great Prophet, will find out next turn if we are punished for that.

Quote:I would have completed the Colossus this turn if I had rolled my Great Prophet, will find out next turn if we are punished for that.

cry