I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Now THIS is a wealthy galaxy

We, the Silicoids, kinda like it! dancing

That is a pretty sweet galaxy for the rocks. nod The two ultra poor worlds can be used to grow some badly-needed pop, while all the rich worlds handle the production side of things. The small size of most of the rich planets will be an issue, but the rocks are guaranteed to have plenty of terraforming techs available to help with that.

Yes indeed! And I was also lucky to open the game by sending the colony ship directly to it!

In 2303 I sent like 12 pop from Cryslon to the UR, and seeded T10 for 2 turns. So by 2315 I had the UR colony at size 30 and fully maxed!

The problem here was not having R5...
R4 gave me range to grab the Toxic 30 but the minimal 70 needed R5 (the purple star in the way is just asteroids).
So I went for R6 right after discovering R4.

I'm not sure if I should have built a huge colony ship (~1900 BC) right after maxing the UR. But 13 turns seemed like a lot in the heat of the moment...

(March 6th, 2021, 16:21)SpaceOWL Wrote: Yes indeed! And I was also lucky to open the game by sending the colony ship directly to it!

In 2303 I sent like 12 pop from Cryslon to the UR, and seeded T10 for 2 turns. So by 2315 I had the UR colony at size 30 and fully maxed!

The problem here was not having R5... 
R4 gave me range to grab the Toxic 30 but the minimal 70 needed R5 (the purple star in the way is just asteroids).
So I went for R6 right after discovering R4.

I'm not sure if I should have built a huge colony ship (~1900 BC) right after maxing the UR. But 13 turns seemed like a lot in the heat of the moment...
Considering you get triple BC's from that UR30 I think it might have been worth doing. That M70R was a plum system that was worth getting before the AI. Might have been worth spending a little more on the huge hull also. Some nukes and heavy lasts. Too make sure you get it. 
Wondering how this game went for you?
Did R6 get it for you? Or did you have to fight for it?

I have dozens of unfinished games here, I think I never really finished this one.

And these days I am back to work at double speed, and sadly I no longer have free time to play. 

(however I would be glad to read reports on new games, should you decide to start a new OSG)

(July 10th, 2021, 15:21)SpaceOWL Wrote: I have dozens of unfinished games here, I think I never really finished this one.

And these days I am back to work at double speed, and sadly I no longer have free time to play. 

(however I would be glad to read reports on new games, should you decide to start a new OSG)

Not sure I am ready for that. I am just feeling my way around this site. Pretty interesting reading these threads. Picking up a few things here and there. Funny how this old game still has people interested in it after all these years. Love the different views on some of these game situations.