For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

Remnants of the Precursors (MOO1 modernization) is complete!

I just want to let all of my fellow MOO1 grognards know that ROTP is finally done. So much artwork, writing, translations, etc that it took forever. It also includes a game manual written by Tom Chick!

If you haven't tried it yet, I think you will be very surprised. It's free for download at: https://rayfowler.itch.io/remnants-of-the-precursors

I'm pretty sure that some of you are already aware and have played it, but this is a good chance to get the official released version. There will, however, be a small 1.01 update in a few days and then I'm taking a well-deserved break.

Next on the list will be a published sourcebook full of all of Petar's amazing artwork with some backstory/lore for each race provided by Jeff, who wrote all of the text in ROTP. But that's a long way off.

Of course this is a two-year-plus necro, but while I'm still working through the black hole of my current schedule (and hopefully with light on the horizon so I can finally pick up that 39A game again soon) I was wondering if anyone here plays Remnants and has an opinion (or even a report?!) of the game. It seems to have some subtle differences from basic MoO - and apparently greatly upgraded AI strategy - but otherwise to just be a modernization of MoO with the same basic rules. I haven't had a chance to look into it much since its release but I'm curious about others' experience.