I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Which patch to use? 1oom or kyrub?

(March 27th, 2022, 09:19)shallow_thought Wrote: (Putting this in the general "which patch?" thread for the moment).

I've loaded up 1oom (Windows, sdl2) with the fixbugs PBX, and had a go. When I'm bombarding a race (Meklars) with Shield 3 and Planetary shield 5 the "planet" button in the tactical screen is showing a shield level of "3" - but back of the envelope calculations suggest that the full shield is taking effect, so I think it's a display bug / misfeature.

It might be better to post this in 1oom's own thread if anyone were still maintaining it, but: Do you have a savefile where we can see this happening? Might make it easier to find what's wrong in case anyone is able and willing.

(March 27th, 2022, 22:32)RefSteel Wrote:
(March 27th, 2022, 09:19)shallow_thought Wrote: (Putting this in the general "which patch?" thread for the moment).

I've loaded up 1oom (Windows, sdl2) with the fixbugs PBX, and had a go. When I'm bombarding a race (Meklars) with Shield 3 and Planetary shield 5 the "planet" button in the tactical screen is showing a shield level of "3" - but back of the envelope calculations suggest that the full shield is taking effect, so I think it's a display bug / misfeature.

It might be better to post this in 1oom's own thread if anyone were still maintaining it, but:  Do you have a savefile where we can see this happening?  Might make it easier to find what's wrong in case anyone is able and willing.

Thanks RefSteel. I just wanted to post it in case it came up in the new SG (I will post there about how much fun I'm having following it at some point soon; I'm just back from over two weeks away so things are chaotic) - I'll put a note in the 1oom thread / grab a savefile / take a look myself if I get a chance.
It may have looked easy, but that is because it was done correctly - Brian Moore

Sounds good - I hope you had a great trip! And if you want to join the SG when/if you have time again, I'm sure we can make room for you - though if you'd rather just lurk and cheer us on, obviously that's welcome too!