I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Any enthusiasm for a remake out here?

Just a heads up.
I have worked on the config files. Im still not satisfied. Ill have to think about it some more. Im frustrated by this a lot.

I have added production, now cities can make buildings, and units, but have no way to actually switch production. I do have the begining of production switch screen, but failed to find the graphics for it, so its blank ... If someone knows where the dialog comes from (wich lbx file), do tell.

Once I figured out the config, it should be trivial to create a config tool, which would allow people to create units and buildings, and whatnot.

Ill do that next time, hopefully this week.

I havent uploaded the current point as the feature is not functional yet. Ill do that next time as well.

Change of city’s production should happen by opening up another window, where a queue of the next 10 production items could be selected from a drop down list (text only for now or adding picture too if easy). Arrows to move up and down and repeat button should be added. Changing current production is only a special case of using this UI. If you don’t do this then there will be no effective multi-production per turn and if you do it, it solves the current production problem.

VM Wrote:I do have the begining of production switch screen, but failed to find the graphics for it, so its blank ... If someone knows where the dialog comes from (wich lbx file), do tell.

The city screen showing what you are producing, is the 7th bitmap in BACKGRND.LBX.
When you click the Change button, I believe the first bitmap in UNITVIEW.LBX pops up.
--I like ILSe

Yay, I like Serena, you own. I also made a mistake in my lbxextraction algorithm, thats why I didnt find it. I must fix this.

WOW I am amazed!
For about a year I've been thinking about some elf-made remake *. Due to lack of coding skills, I never made anything...
Now I've found this project and can't wait to see how it developes. It's like a dream come true!!!
GOOD LUCK

P.S.:
* I imagined it as some "new" game (due to legal issues and the fact that there are enought remakes, but nothing "new") with mixed aspects from MoO and some parts from X-Com... (especially when it comes to research).
Take this as some further inspiration for your project! :D

Thanks! Ill try to live up to that smile

I also love a remake coming up and getting some support.

I code mainly in C but have had little time for what I want recently. But am willing to try and get the source compiling at least.

I also have some knowledge of build tools, which might be of use.

GuyverThree Wrote:I also have some knowledge of build tools, which might be of use.
I think build tools could be very useful to create some kind of automatic mono compiling.

I used the Mono Migration Analyzer a few days ago, and the results were very good :
- the gameplay.dll was 100% compatible
- the UI has a few problems, but, at first glance, nothing major

One more week, and I will be able to continue on this bitch. Finally.

Great ! I'm still totally overbusy, but hope to start again in a few weeks