I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Current standing

I took a look into fog of war. It needs some redesigning. It wont work properly because of how stack splitting/merging is handled.
I took a look into map generation, and that needs redesign too, because of how shores are handled (or in this case, not handled)
I took a look into special abilities, and some of those need to be redesigned as well.

I need more time to tackle all of this.

OK i tackled FOW. It still needs some testing.
Next up: shorelines!

Great. Just let me know when a stable version with significant progress is ready for testing. I will gladly do. Meanwhile I played a few fresh commercial TBS games, which pushed the frontier for graphics, music, and advertisement, but sucked otherwise - just as I expected. Particulalry the content, the rules, and the AI.

What do you call significant progress?

It is mostly up to you. Just say when you want testing.
To me it should meet 2 criteria:
A: you believe that you fixed all errors I reported earlier
B: you added >0 full new feature

I think i figured out how terrain will be handled. Map generation should be done in the next few steps. Once that is in, ill make an exe to upload. You can test that.

OK shores almost done. NOw on to rivers, then terrain specials. Unit movement needs a look too, currently everything can walk on water.

Shores and rivers are done for now. Terrain specials are postponed. The next step is rnd seed distribution, which i forgot so far. Then it should be possible to play against each other with normal units only (where most unit specials dont work yet :P)

I updated the binaries. The random seed distribution is not in it yet, so you cant have nice things yet. But, you can go into single player mode, and look at the map. Build some buildings. Build some units. There should be an enemy wizard too, so you can look at combat, altough the enemy will not do anything. Feedback welcome.

Ill do the random seed and the movement thingy, then update the binaries again.

I added a minimap and fixed some of the reported errors. Updated the download and added a debug version, so that freezes give better info about what went wrong.