I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

New sound FX and music

Hi!

I am playing round with the idea of creatuing new, original sound for this, just using human sounds.

For example: music by humming/singing, sound effects made by mouth, you get the idea.

Any interest in this?

If you were to get a semi-professional singer to do this and put a lot of effort into it, it'd be great. Otherwise, you risk it being quite horrible smile I'm actually a singer myself so I like the idea, I just think it needs to be all or nothing.

Just some suggestion:
How about music from "jamendo" (or similar platforms)? It's royality free and you could get in touch with some artists, too!

try to find Bladusek on Youtube, its me... i have some music which could be used as background (small part of it is on youtube). I can made some magic sound effects if you like [made by voice with professional mic plus much DSP stuff).... i am not going to sell it anyway...

i can propose to You to make your own sequencer for background music and the compose files in simple text file. Samples could be recorded as voice (as vancanto)

I support "sound effects made with mouth". But as a placeholder. It's certainly better than nothing, or using only the 5 decent files you've found on the internet. As a bonus, you could get really creative with creature and spell effects ! They would be consistent, and that's important, and you could create them very quickly.

b0rsuk Wrote:I support "sound effects made with mouth
I don't know, i fear they could be easily be ridiculous...

IMHO, the best strategy is to make something which works a little, and then hunt for artists.

(the more I post here, the more I'm getting motivated for starting to code again : i'm just too busy right now, but feel free to contact me VM)

Any volunteers willing to do this?

Just sing the music or make some sound effects, attach the results in a file here.Add a GPL. Then I can use them ingame.

I used to be a singer, but have not practiced for decades. Instead, I will look around for artists. I will explore broad. Not only singing but music too.
VM, what file format do you prefer? What other “requirements” are a must for you for us to obey? I think I have very clear idea what would fit, but do not want to go too far if you have a different requirement than me. I would hate to waste my and the artist’s time for nothing.

Well, since I want MONO compatibility, it seems to me I only have .NETs SundPlayer class, which in turn can only handle .Wav files. Anyone has a better idea?