For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

Feedback

(September 11th, 2013, 14:09)VM Wrote: if you unzip it, THEN youll have the debug folder.
Understood. Next time I will run that exe and report from there if it helps debugging.

Test of reMOM_2013_sept_17.zip
I tested with 2 computers: Dell Latitude D830 with Windows 7 and Dell Optiplex 755 with Windows 7.
Single player:
87. Creating settler - OK
88. Allowed settler to build new city on existing city site – Fix. This also crashed the game or destroyed old city in the process.
89. Settler created new city with population 400 – OK, but should be 300. After that probabilistic growth, including negative growth until 0 or 1000 to match MOM.
90. Allowing settler to settle too close to existing city – fix this to match MOM.
91. Allowing city to change production when population is under 1000 – fix this to match MOM.
92. Population did not decrease in city when settler was completed – Fix.
93. Allowing settler to build city when 0 Movement Points left – Fix.
94. City growth – OK.
95. Population growth carried over from 960+70=1030 – OK, better than in MOM.
96. When city size grew to 1 (>=1000 Pop), a new citizen was displayed, food and production was updated – OK.
97. When city size grew to 1, the new citizen started as worker. I clicked and changed it to farmer. After that it was not possible to turn it back to worker. Fix by starting as a farmer if negative city food production. Probably applies to larger city sizes too.
98. Very inconsistent display for unit production cost and actual turns needed (cost is not displayed correctly now). E.g. barbarian settler was displayed to cost 6000 hammers, but predicting 120 turns for 1 hammer a turn production.
99. Debug window came up with Shift+C – OK.
100. New unit addition to desired position – OK.
101. In single player, battle crashed after 1 move.
102. Game generally was not stable. It crashed at “Start game” often, even in single player.
103. One time I was able to approach enemy in battle and do melee. I promptly lost my units, but after the battle the game crashed.

Multiplayer:
104. Repeat attempts, repeat crash after clicking “Start game”. The multiplayer continues to work well for the “reMOM_2013_sept_9.zip” version for the same 2 computers.
I emailed you some logs.

I opened some tickets and uploaded logs. Hell of an experience playing on 2 Windows computers, writing my reports on a Mac, then opening tickets one by one and attaching zipped files. With the quantity of my reports this took me 5 hours today. Maybe I will report them in mass as far as we are at development stage and preAlpha. I like the ticket system otherwise.

(October 12th, 2011, 03:18)VM Wrote: ...if you haven't but still have an opinion, we would love to hear it.
My opinion is that I am grateful a project such as this exists. Thank you for all of your work, and may your project end in resounding success! Keeping momentum after two years is indeed impressive!

Feedback on reMOM_2013_nov_02.zip
Progress noted since reMOM_2013_okt_01.zip.
I tested with 2 computers and got consistent results. I posted the new bugs and updates for all old bugs in http://sourceforge.net/u/vismaior/tickets/ . I did not state things that were OK, even for new features. I did not state things that are unchanged.

Nice, but please make new tickets whenever it is possible to fix one thing without fixing the other. (Eg. patrol too early->patrol crash, i fixed the crash, but its still too early)