I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Feedback

Updated some minor tweaks.
The freeze will no longer be an issue.

I added a folderbrowser, so now we should left the "path not found" days behind us.

For multiplayer, you can use the loopback adress 127.0.0.1 for now.

I updated the downloads, could you guys give this another go?
Im particularly curious wether multtiplayer stuff works. Read the developer thread for info on what it can do.

I tried version reMOM_2011.11.26.zip on Windows 7 and on Windows Vista.
28. File name is better now, but it would be best to rename file to reMOM_2011.Nov.26.zip to avoid date confusion by international users
29. I tried to play solo. Game started OK, but there was only grassland visible. I did not see any cities or anything to do at all.
30. I tried to connect 2 computers and create a server and get in with a client. Both computers were on my LAN and they had the same external IP address, which I checked with whatip.com and gave it to client to join to that. I also tried to give 127.0.0.1, but I got repeated Unhandled exception error. “No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it”. This problem persisted after trying on several computers, turning off firewall, and specifically allowing this program to communicate.
31. After such a failure, the Ninject.dll file was not allowed to be deleted, apparently still being used by the program. I had to reboot to allow a delete. Also for subsequent runs of the program “ReMOM has stopped working” message came up. It was necessary to reboot in order to get another clean attempt.
32. Finally I went to DOS prompt by typing “cmd” into the “Start” => “search” box and then I typed “ipconfig”. That showed the internal IP address for my computer under “IPv4 Address”: 192.168.1.4 . I typed this address under “Client controls” for the client machine and used port 1 on both computers. SUCCESS! The 2 computers connected to a network game. Yet, again, there was only grassland and nothing to do there. No cities, no visible scrolling, etc.

It appears I need to add logging for debug purposes. I have no Idea why there isnt a city.

I believe the "no city" might be caused by your wizard not having a name/starting race. I forgot the check at some places.

I have wizard name and race and I tried on 2 computers. Still no city. Can anyone else try and confirm please?

OK uploaded a new version. I have added some fixes and logging. Copy all files from the new zip, then run a game. Try to reproduxe your problem. Once you exit the game, It should create a file called reMOM.log, post this file to me.

Also, about the locked dll: you dont need to reboot, go to task manager and kill reMOM.exe from there.

I tried version reMOM_2011.Dec.4.zip on Windows Vista (server) and Windows 7 (client).
33. This version unzipped, installed and started all correctly using my described method in my point 32. 2 cities, land and water, magic screen, scrolling, sell building, change production, change workers and farmers, move starting unit and make the unit’s move visible on the other computer visible, next turn pushing and passing player role to client - these went all well.
34. After playing for about 1 minute on the client, “This program stopped working” message came up on the server. I emailed you both server and client logs – I can’t figure out how to attach here now. I will need additional testing to determine if my computer is the culprit or the program is not stable, or whatever.
35. Locked dll file was released with killing reMOM.exe process (not application) – thanks.

Thanks! Awesome news.

About the error: I dont think its your comp, the program is just unstable. Ill have to put some work into that. The program just doesnt handle disconects gracefuly yet. I`ll take a look at the logs, and keep you updated, tough developer time is becoming scarce with all the christmas-related activities around here.