For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

Gaspar and NobleHelium - More Arguments About Buildings & Food.

Gaspar Wrote:So sad. So true.

Just wait until inferno rolleye
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Been a few debates. Basically the current discussion has been whether to finish the first settler with 1, 2 or 3 chops. The 1-chop setup is one turn later but gets the corn farmed the fastest so it is the current clubhouse leader. The majority of current focus is really on getting to 3 cities ~T30 and getting requisite worker techs + pottery in. Beyond that, there really is no plan.

In a longer-term view, I've been thinking a bit and I definitely think we just want to push CoL as hard and fast as we can and forget chasing the early wonders. Its very unlikely that there will be stone/marble nearby and in that case I can't convince myself that the early wonders are worth the trouble. Maybe post-Mathematics, but even then. Might just be wisest to push CoL and then attack the top of the tree and try and clean up the MoM/TGL bit and get a National Epic city up and running quickly as possible, then try and bulb through Medieval which is often the best part of the tree to bulb in.

Also, ideas on a worker naming scheme? I was thinking abilities that elites/champions have but I thought I'd put it out there for you lurkers.

Warrior discovered more Corn, huzzah.

[Image: t9a.jpg]

Some debate as to how we'll settle down there but still far too early to discuss in any depth.

[Image: t9b.jpg]

Still no tech for Commodore so he's either trolling by hiding his research, got the wrong start techs and is going BW first or is uh... I'm out of alternatives, really.

Since this is dull, here have a picture of my D3 toon:

[Image: t9c.jpg]

Hoho, I played turn 10.

And we finished Bronze Working. Guess where Copper is? wink

[Image: overview10.jpg?raw=1]

Absolutely nowhere visible. lol It's all right, I'm sure it's somewhere relatively close that we haven't uncovered yet. I really hope Horse is closer though.

Barring any incidents, next turn we swap to the Wheat (one turn early because we'll have 1h overflow which will be divided to become zero) and start research on Animal Husbandry.

[Image: demos10.jpg?raw=1]

Commodore continues to refuse to tech.

Truly nothing happened as we moved our warrior home.

[Image: t11a.jpg]

Working the wheat, as advertised.

Demos, I cut us off but we're on 40 points. Commodore finally got a tech, I'm surmising AH after changing his mind a couple turns in.

[Image: t11b.jpg]

Someone give me something to talk about. tongue

Build chariots?
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

Lewwyn Wrote:Build chariots?

2 Techs away. :neenernee

Played the turn since neither of us was going to be around for a good while after this, might get a 2-turn day in.

We finished the Wheat farm and our worker completes next turn. No techs or pop growths.

[Image: t12a.jpg]

[Image: t12b.jpg]

Played turn 13.

The warrior is close enough to our city, so I moved it out a bit to reveal some desert. tongue

[Image: overview13.jpg]

I was hoping the desert hill would be coastal which would make it a good city location, but it's not. I'm assuming we're going with my 1-chop plan, so next turn we need to move the new worker 21 onto the western (that means left) grass hill and the old worker starts a chop. We start a warrior. PAY ATTENTION GASPAR.

Oh and speaking of that, I've noticed that RBers often mistake east and west but never north and south. I wonder why...

[Image: demos13.jpg]

NobleHelium Wrote:I was hoping the desert hill would be coastal which would make it a good city location, but it's not. I'm assuming we're going with my 1-chop plan, so next turn we need to move the new worker 21 onto the western (that means left) grass hill and the old worker starts a chop. We start a warrior. PAY ATTENTION GASPAR.

All right, I was waiting for this thread to get to the good stuff

[Image: popcorn.gif]
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player