For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

Gaspar and NobleHelium - More Arguments About Buildings & Food.

We played turn 23.

The big news is that we found Horse.

[Image: explore23.jpg]

This is probably not "our" Horse but we haven't seen any other ones, so...

[Image: overview23.jpg]

We founded Ye Olde Ruins and started a Worker. Yes, indeed. Originally we were going to do a Worker out of New Tristram before the Settler, but that was too slow and led to an abundance of worker turns. But then by speeding up the Settler we ended up with a shortage of worker turns, so the solution is to have OR do a Worker out of the gate. Pretty unconventional to have the second city immediately build a Worker, but I think that's the best way to go (and Gaspar cannot come up with anything better wink).

We're going to recall the far Warrior next turn but also scout a bit in the northeast.

[Image: demos23.jpg]

We're no longer last in GNP! :2dance:

Crazy idea. Commodore scout 22 looks like a good dedicated settler/unit pump. Cathedral is at best a filler city. Capital can get out another settler but should really focus on growing asap onto cottages.
Global lurker smile ; played in Civ VI PBEM 4, 5, 15; DL suboptimal Civ VI PBEM 17

CFCJesterFool Wrote:Crazy idea. Commodore scout 22 looks like a good dedicated settler/unit pump. Cathedral is at best a filler city. Capital can get out another settler but should really focus on growing asap onto cottages.

I agree with you on two parts and disagree heavily on one. One, it is a crazy idea. wink Two, the city with the Commodore scout 22 sign will be awesome and should be a high priority settle. I disagree heavily that Cathedral is a filler city, its what a first ring city should be - grabs an important tile in copper and gets corn, a lighthousable lake and with a few mines can put out a sustainable 12 hpt while gaining us some coastal access. You can't fling cities around without support in a no diplo game - you just get them razed, your expansion needs to be more organic. So we'll settle Cathedral and then either the Pigs city or a gold city depending on what the tiles look like and then look to get something in that area once we have the natural development to support it.

Anyway, I appreciate the thoughts and enjoy a good debate, so if you disagree let us know why. smile

We played the turn, we revealed absolutely nothing so just have an overview and the demos. Next turn cap pops 3rd ring which will reveal some tiles and turn after our warrior should tell us somethings about the area surrounding gold.

[Image: t24a.jpg]

[Image: t24b.jpg]

And yeah I was wrong about yuris having an early second city. Not sure what I was thinking there. I'm clearly not putting much effort into this. lol

Banter thread just made my day smile
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Played turn 25.

I'm now 2/2 on guessing missing strategic resource locations. lol

[Image: overview25.jpg]

Unfortunately that coastline is actually further north than I prefer it to be. I was hoping that tile east of the horse would be coastal and within range of seafood, which is clearly not the case. Still, if there's some seafood over there we could definitely plant coastally for the Horse and worry about the Gold later. Or the tile between the three resources would be great if there's some land food (plains cow is not food Commodore wink) in range.

There's definitely a decent city location to the northwest there with the Clam and Sheep. Unfortunately we can't catch the second lake with it, so either we plant in the corner which is meh (I think intentionally catching extra water tiles is generally dumb, coast is okay for Moai but Moai ocean is still only a plains farm.), or we ignore the second lake or possibly get it with a city further west (the land over there looks pretty bleak though).

[Image: demos25.jpg]

We're straight building the Settler which will complete when the chop finishes. Other worker builds a couple roads as indicated. The warrior being recalled (not shown) will move northeast next.

Went ahead and played the next turn.

Big news is that Hinduism FIADL. Judging from points, only Commodore gained on the IT and that's 7 which should be pop as opposed to 6 for an Ancient Era tech but I'm terrible at this. He or Yuri are pretty much the only real candidates regardless.

[Image: t26a.jpg]

On the home front, well nothing.

[Image: t26b.jpg]

I recklessly moved the warrior further from home in hopes of finding food. We'll know where horse city will go next turn when we can land on that forested grassland hill. No doubt NH will come in here wholly displeased with something that I've done. This is because NH is an unpleasant pedantic douchebag. Unfortunate, but I'm fairly certain its nature, not nurture so nothing could be done about it. wink

Pottery is in next EOT, Settler and Worker both done in 3t the former aided by a chop. Exploring warrior still on his way home to garrison Cathedral when it gets settled. I think we'll probably settle horse/gold before Royal Crypts even if it lacks food because its necessary. Then maybe a push towards the tentatively named "Commodore Scout 22." lol Once we get that vision probably time for a more official dotmap.

[Image: t26c.jpg]

Hinduism was founded on turn 25, I just forgot to mention it. If you look at the date it was before we played but after the turn roll, so it was Mistabod.

You were supposed to move the new warrior SE, not directly east. There is a sign saying the worker would need to move SW next turn, why would you not move the warrior south toward him. Come on. There's no point in staying in the north anyway because nobody can come from there.

At least you're living up to your reputation.

Of course I live up to my reputation. But I don't see why you keep doing these things.