I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Gaspar and NobleHelium - More Arguments About Buildings & Food.

NobleHelium Wrote:It counts yourself? Really? How does that make any sense?

It's probably designed to offend your sensibility. wink
I have to run.

Well it means you never get the full 30% bonus...I could've sworn I got a 10% bonus per contact in 21 though. Humph.

Tried the inner ring Corn setup a bit. I think I like the southern spot better still. The city grows faster obviously but it doesn't have as many strong tiles to grow onto because the Monument culture is pretty slow. And we get the Gold later which means we stop growth sooner in the other cities or they grow into unhappiness for a while.

It does what it says on the tin. This was maybe the most boring turn since the hit enter only days. Overview of the north:

[Image: t29a.jpg]

Nothing discovered on the coast. NH thinks we might be actually in the NE corner. Sounds reasonable.

Here's what we know of the south of us. Nothing new but I haven't thrown a picture of it up in some time:

[Image: t29b.jpg]

Demos:
[Image: t29c.jpg]

We also got Commodore's graphs this turn (though we'll lose them on his turn before regaining them probably permanently.) Enjoy:

[Image: t29d.jpg]
[Image: t29e.jpg]
[Image: t29f.jpg]
[Image: t29g.jpg]
[Image: t29h.jpg]

I think we should name the new worker Vortex. I can kill Mortar but we just get owned by Vortex.

We're in Act 2 Inferno by the way. We're probably considerably undergeared for it but through dogged determination we've made some progress. lol

NobleHelium Wrote:I think we should name the new worker Vortex. I can kill Mortar but we just get owned by Vortex.

We're in Act 2 Inferno by the way. We're probably considerably undergeared for it but through dogged determination we've made some progress. lol

Shame you're at work while I'm playing the turn, then. Mortar can go straight to hell. Also, I'd call it more a remarkable willingness to die over and over again without getting overly frustrated than dogged determination. But to each their own.

Say hello to our newest worker:

[Image: t30a.jpg]

Not entirely visible is the settler in place to found Cathedral next turn. We discovered nothing of note with warrior moves:

[Image: t30b.jpg]

Here's demographics. Noteworthy is the bottom left where I pasted that Buddhism FIADL. Yuri gained a pop and a tech, Dave and Commodore pop growths - so I believe that's Yuri. In fairness, I'm horrendous at C&D so it could have been anyone but us, as we just discovered Mysticism this turn.

[Image: t30c.jpg]

Gaspar decided to disappear so I played turn 31.

Cathedral was founded and the Corn is being farmed. I left quite a few signs for Gaspar...

[Image: overview31.jpg]

I went off the playbook and decided to send the southeast warrior out to scout a bit. The signs there are based upon us needing both Warriors to cover the Copper as it is being roaded and mined. If we decide that is not necessary, we can scout further if desired. There's a mountain east of "Scouting Limit" and a forest southeast of it though, so I think the next two moves make sense regardless. If we wanted to scout further we could head southeast on turn 34 rather than west.

Hunting isn't strictly necessary right now, but neither is Writing and this way we can pick up Archery at any time if we so desire. We'll finally get a one beaker bonus when we turn tech back on thanks to the 2c from the new city. wink

Keep working the cottage in New Tristram next turn.

[Image: demos31.jpg]

I think we're first to three cities. The other people with high land area should be the religion guys.

Err, whoops. smoke Cathedral should be putting hammers into a Monument. Remember to switch that next turn. Doesn't cost us anything since we'll whip it immediately, of course. Damn Granary first habit.

New exploration:

[Image: t32a.jpg]

First granary done, Hunting due up next turn:

[Image: t32b.jpg]

Pretty sure Commodore has met someone else, since he had EP off us for a turn, but lazily he has forgotten to move them on for the time being. Silly bastard.

Demos show what I expect to be a common trend this game - good CY, lousy GNP. (In fairness, researching a tech with no pre-reqs.)

[Image: t32c.jpg]

Our GNP is going to suck until at least Currency. But I suspect we'll be leading in CY the entire time.