I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Gaspar and NobleHelium - More Arguments About Buildings & Food.

pindicator Wrote:Thar be PB7 spoilers in that chat, cap'n! :aar:

Sorry about that, though I'm not entirely sure what in there isn't already public knowledge - NH is a dedlurker himself so sorry if I crossed a line somewhere and let me know and I'll edit it out. Mea maximum culpa.

pindicator Wrote:And if you want ideas on what to do, I've been tossing around the idea of a SPI strat that goes:
  • Code of Laws via Priesthood
  • Swap to Caste and run merchants while teching Math
  • Bulb Currency with a GM

Is it feasible? No guarantees; it may only be worthwhile to do if you grab CoL with the Oracle. But it's different and I'd like to see someone road test it for me. wink

I like the idea, actually. The only question is can we get Oracle in a game where Dave has a strong reason to want it for a mids run and Yuri has not only built it several times before, but with this specific leader. I think there's a lot of potential fun that can be had with an early CoL. Though I don't know how much Caste you want to run before say, T50, when you're likely whipping lots of foodhammer units and such. Something certainly to keep in mind.

A lot will depend on the map. If the map dictates a hard rex then we'll obviously want to beeline Currency after worker techs. If the map has a good chunk of coast, we might be the best team to go for GLH to ensure the econ wonders get split properly. That's really my itch right now: to get a look at the map so we can start planning the first 30 turns or so - always the most fun part of any PBEM, in my mind.

The spoilers were stuff about the land shape. I mean, I have suspicions based on what other people have said, but I can't really tell who's being honest and who's just posting to mess with people in that thread smile
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Ok, edited.

Also, I WANT A SAVE cry :whine: :cheese: Yum

smile

Gaspar Wrote:Ok, edited.

Also, I WANT A SAVE cry :whine: :cheese: Yum

smile

If I send it now, will you promise not to whine about the map? smile
I have to run.

novice Wrote:If I send it now, will you promise not to whine about the map? smile

Wassup Sweat Hog.
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

novice Wrote:If I send it now, will you promise not to whine about the map? smile

Bah, never mind what he says, take your time. smile

There's pretty much no chance that I won't whine about the map at some point whether you send it immediately or you spend the next three years of your life on it. Have you met me? wink

Your starting position.

[Image: civ4screenshot0559p.jpg]

Good luck!

Hmmmm. Well obviously we lose the wet corn if we settle on the plains hill. SIP still lets us get the EXP bonus due to the 3h PHF.

Can I ask you whether the warrior's location was from the map generator, or manually placed?

NobleHelium Wrote:Can I ask you whether the warrior's location was from the map generator, or manually placed?

Manually placed.