Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

Gaspar and NobleHelium - More Arguments About Buildings & Food.

It's been a long time since I've done any real C&D. Hunting is 2k power and power did not go up, so yuris teched Fishing. Most likely he's the guy who settled coastally.

(Title joke made by everyone who has discovered gold ever.)

Anyway, made the obvious warrior move:

[Image: t5a.jpg]

Discovering gold. Hopefully there's better food than a plains cow out around that somewhere.

[Image: t5b.jpg]

Dave has also discovered a tech and/or pop growth.

Well it was obviously a tech. Population hasn't increased and you can see city sizes in top cities screen.

Anyway everyone (besides us) is definitely working a 1c tile because that's the minimum required for 17 GNP (missed this fact earlier). yuris has jumped to 21 GNP, which is him teching Pottery with two prerequisites. So possibly he didn't settle coastally and just wanted to tech Fishing for the prereq bonus. Davy got a (44b, 55b] tech likely with 2k power (unless someone has a warrior start while working a 2f tile), so that's probably Mining.

It's also been a long time since I've seen plains gold. It's always desert gold these days. Anyway, the oasis is 3f too. :neenernee

Played turn 6.

[Image: overview6.jpg]

Warrior finds Wine and some nice grassland in the south. Unfortunately no sign of food between the Corn and the Wine, so settling in that direction might be a bit difficult if we plant north of the Corn.

[Image: demos6.jpg]

Mistabod finishes a tech. davy's GNP has gone up since we are now ranked #3, so he is teching a prereq tech (likely Bronze Working). Mistabod's tech is powerless and costs (55b, 66b], so that must be Agriculture.

Oh and since people earlier in turn order are ranked lower on ties, the other team with 21 land tiles is Mistabod. That narrows the coastal player to either yuris or davy (likely yuris of course). I guess we knew that on turn 1 when we were ranked 2 in land, meaning only one of the later turn players had 9k land.

Played turn 7.

[Image: overview7.jpg]

Worker finished, warrior found nothing. Next turn we'll need to decide whether to put a turn into a farm 1N or 1NW. Probably useless in either case, but I'm leaning on 1N right now.

[Image: demos7.jpg]

Governor tile change perturbs our demographics. Commodore still not finishing a tech is very odd, it seems to imply that he changed techs (or more likely, I made a mistake lol). Mistabod is probably researching another no-prereq tech because average GNP has not gone up, and nobody's worker has finished yet (our worker builds at least 1t faster than everyone else, and we moved, so yuris and davy's workers should finish later this turn at the earliest).

Question for mapmakers: Commodore started with a scout, correct?

NobleHelium Wrote:Question for mapmakers: Commodore started with a scout, correct?

Yes. Normal starting units.

We played turn 8 (while Gaspar died in Act 1 Hell a lot).

This afternoon I was speaking with Gaspar and we said this:

Gaspar: i mean we're in the north
we need an intermediate city south
me: we're in the northwest
Gaspar: if the corn is the only food that allows that
me: i think it's pretty likely that we have an eastern neighbor
Gaspar: then i dont see how we can plant the corn city north
i agree
hopefully there's some food south
me: yeah like grass pigs 2SW of the warrior
Gaspar: grass pigs would be excellent

[Image: overview8.jpg]

Ask, and ye shall receive. smile We're quite happy about this. I think we're definitely set on 1N of the Corn as second city now, hopefully Copper is on that grass hill. Note that there's saltwalter southwest of the Pig. If this means the coast wraps around and we're on a strip of land jutting out into the ocean, that would be excellent. Several possibilities for a Pig plant - NE of the Pig would be decent, or maybe west of it along the coast depending on what's out there.

Next turn we move the warrior northwest.

[Image: demos8.jpg]

Still no tech from Commodore, pretty sure he switched techs now or is running gold like a madman.

NobleHelium Wrote:We played turn 8 (while Gaspar died in Act 1 Hell a lot).

So sad. So true.