I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Motivation

Hi!

The project is in a stage where there is a big roadblock. I basically stopped working on it because I had to put it down temporarily and cant be arsed to pick it up again. Anyone has a good advice how to motivate myself to do this?

VM

Comeon, VM! You can do this!

OK Im gonna do this. Totally do it. Ill defeat procrastination once and for all! I have the upper hand! Im gonna go home, do the chores, and after the kids are asleep, im gonna work on reMOM!

Next week.

Hi VM,
I totally understand how motivation dwindles over time if an activity is neglected. I have the same problem even with games I start and then I am forced to work and then I don't like to come back and continue, but rather I start a new game.

Regarding your motivation, I didn't want to post here prematurely since I was waiting for your response to my email I sent you on Aug 29. You can start by answering that email.

Also, I am a little sad that my post on May 5 was unanswered and we did not do Skype the whole Summer as a lot of progress could have been achieved, with a minimal input from you.

In short, I think that you need help and we need more programmers. I have some ideas how to get it, but I do not want to organize it without your approval.

So please email me and let's chat on Skype. Thanks,

Oh hi, didnt see that mail. Ill answer ASAP.

Motivation. Make some robust with clear minor idea and public it. (Like combat simulator).Then pause work. Soon you gets email,or question. Just do not work superity,but robust . Let you enjoy work.

Yea, that sounds good. I think Ill follow your advice.
Ill slice off some minor thing and do it until its perfect. Small bites.
Lets see... I could pick map generation, that has some features missing. Or finish the combat screen. Or finish building effects. Or add the neutral wizard. Hmm, tough choice...

Hah!

I have fixed a minor, yet annoying bug!

Yay!

The next thing Ill do is adding a neutral wizard. This needs a good AI interface to be designed.

VM Wrote:The next thing Ill do is adding a neutral wizard. This needs a good AI interface to be designed.
I also sent you an email, which was never answered.

Oops, sorry, Ill answer ASAP.

Aha! Added new functionality! If I keep up this pace, Ill be finished in less than infinite time!