I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

AI

i just finished a campaign of eador. its AI is terrible. but the game was great fun. it was absolutely neccessary to find the AIs weak points and abuse it. i'm starting to think that a better AI does not always make the game better. if the AI can counter all of my strategies, there is no point in using one at all. if the AI has no weak points, i don't have to develop a strategy to defeat it.

i'm not saying, that we should not try to make the AI as good as possible. but i think it would be beneficial to have weaker AIs as well, so that players can choose to play vs strong or weak AI scripts, and independent from this, let the AI cheat (example production boni) or not. since the AI will become more powerful as development continues, i suggest to keep some weaker versions as well. it is fun to find its weak spots. then, players can move on to a harder (or different) AI.
dance!

There's also something to be said for AI strategies (does it like to build up and crush you later, or berserk attack now) and specific strengths and weaknesses.