I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Hamlet growth

(November 26th, 2013, 08:50)agerweb Wrote: As to the other problem I am confused but interested, the other city relevant formulas from the OSG I used were:

FOOD
farm Rate = 2 or 3 {if halfling or animists guild}
free food = 2 {if granary} + 2{if forestersG} + 3{if farmersM)
minimum farmers = (population - free food) / farm rate {rounded up}
food surplus = (farmers - minimum farmers) x farm rate
This is almost true, but not quite. It's actually:
free food = 2 {if granary} + 2{if forestersG} + 3{if farmersM} + {2 x Wild Game}
max food = (sum of food from terrain, round down) + 2 {if granary} + 3{if farmersM}.
food production = (farmers)*(farm rate) + free food. If > max food, halve any excess.
food surplus = food production - population.

Note: contested resources (two cities hit the same terrain) are halved, rounding down. This affects all special mineral resources, and also the food (round down to half-points, so 1.5 becomes 0.5) and production modifiers for the square.
(November 26th, 2013, 08:50)agerweb Wrote: In none of these is there room for a +0.5 for nature nodes as claimed in the wiki - the only effect of the nature node on maximum population is the +2 previously discussed. Am I missing a formula?
It applies to the Max Food computation above.

[ This is almost true, but not quite. It's actually:
free food = 2 {if granary} + 2{if forestersG} + 3{if farmersM} + {2 x Wild Game}
max food = (sum of food from terrain, round down) + 2 {if granary} + 3{if farmersM}.
food production = (farmers)*(farm rate) + free food. If > max food, halve any excess.
food surplus = food production - population.]

Then max food is effectively the same as max city size?

Can't see the "If > max food, halve any excess" in the OSG have you derived this from experimentation? It does make a difference to the surplus and consequently the amount of gold?
My "food surplus = (farmers - minimum farmers) x farm rate" was just based on logic and of course doesn't work if you start halving any excess over max food.

[It applies to the Max Food computation above.]

Then surely nature node is +2.0 not +0.5

(November 30th, 2013, 08:57)agerweb Wrote: Then max food is effectively the same as max city size?
I don't believe it's capped at 25, but otherwise yes.
(November 30th, 2013, 08:57)agerweb Wrote: Can't see the "If > max food, halve any excess" in the OSG have you derived this from experimentation?
Yes. If you actually look at food output for the city on the summary screen it phrases things somewhat differently, but the net effect is halve the excess.
(November 30th, 2013, 08:57)agerweb Wrote: Then surely nature node is +2.0 not +0.5
It's +2.0 for nature node and +0.5 for forest tile. Since nature nodes are always forest tiles, the net is +2.5 for a nature node tile.