Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

"Interesting" Starts

Hi everyone,
I'm starting this thread as a place for players to share interesting/unique/impossible games with the rest of the community. I've thought about doing this before now, but a game I rolled last year really cemented the idea in my mind. So if you roll a map and think to yourself "Uh oh, now how is THIS going to play out?" then make a first turn save and post it here. And if you play a game someone else (or you) posted then feel free to post as much or as little of a summary as you like. I hope we see some great games!

I rolled this game a couple of months ago, and immediately knew that I had to share it. I did play it out to a win, but I didn't take any notes so I can't remember enough details to give a more detailed description. Maybe later I'll play it again. It would be interesting to see how it varies the second time around.

Game Details
Race: Klackons
Map Size: Small
Difficulty: Impossible
Opponents: 5

Attached Files
.gam   SAVE7.GAM (Size: 57.65 KB / Downloads: 7)

Good idea. I recommend playing it through and giving a personal fun score from 0% to 100%. Upload turn 1 game with only the personal fun %. Not the outcome or any other detail. If you played by special rules, state those. People should be given 3 months to play it and not discussing it during that time. When deadline passes people could share notes. This way you compare apples to apples. Similar to a mock tournament.
For example, the fact that I know that you won already lowered my interest to try it. It is not that you can only upload lost games, but keep the mystery.

I understand what you mean but I'm not really looking to create competition. I'm just interested in collecting unique, fun, extra challenging or just bizarre games. I really wish I had a starting save from my "NO controlled environment techs" game last year. That one was a wild ride! I also just rolled an Impossible Medium map for a Silicoid game and my five opponents are Klackons, Psilons, Humans, Sakkra and Bulrathi. Should be fun!