Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

Map creation thread (spoilers)

Well even so, you posted about it now, so he's possibly thinking "Oh, is there one right out of vision? Should I have seen it with my scout by now? Is someone rushing for something with stone that I need to be aware of?", which will have an influence on what happens in the game.

(April 14th, 2016, 12:27)BRickAstley Wrote: Well even so, you posted about it now, so he's possibly thinking "Oh, is there one right out of vision? Should I have seen it with my scout by now? Is someone rushing for something with stone that I need to be aware of?", which will have an influence on what happens in the game.

I know, I realise now it is probably a little too far, but it is minimised because of that. Stupid muffin!

I agree with BRick, but obviously too late now.

Would you be able to post a full picture of the map?
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Looking at Prickpls latest post I have realised a rather strange phenomemon... All his ocean tiles are coast. I opened up the file I used to generate the save and this is true for 90ish% of the tiles that should be ocean around the map, so luckily it does not unbalance the game. However it does make fin especially powerful, and probably the colossus will be overpowered now (especially with astro being a rather optional tech here) banghead

I forgot that if you alter the coastline slightly to bring it in the coast doesn't autochange to ocean shakehead

(April 15th, 2016, 02:37)Qgqqqqq Wrote: I agree with BRick, but obviously too late now.

Would you be able to post a full picture of the map?

Sorry I didn't notice this till now - yes I can, how would be best? Using the noble tool?

A bunch of screenshots is best, but minimap/nobles tool can work as well.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

A series of screenshots for you. Resource bubbles on all shown and tile values on.

Going from bottom left across to top right. The sole uranium depostis are the 4 starting locations.

[Image: UdEsNNG.jpg]
[Image: bTF1raP.jpg]
[Image: QQvCbwV.jpg]
[Image: xTcLLpQ.jpg]
[Image: tCHrhIC.jpg]
[Image: 2rCZPF5.jpg]
[Image: BGdmAMi.jpg]
[Image: wYK8rLR.jpg]

The only real differences are in the layout and base tiles. There are the more or less same amount of base resources in each quadrant except for whales on the same tiles just thrown together in a different way. If a quadrant seems to have slightly less resources that is because there are a few more tiles there, but overall it is pretty balanced.

(July 8th, 2016, 03:54)AdrienIer Wrote: For the record I'm willing to concede to El Grillo (winner) and Khan (2nd).

With Ginger nearing death, is that enough to call "A"?

(July 8th, 2016, 10:51)Dreylin Wrote:
(July 8th, 2016, 03:54)AdrienIer Wrote: For the record I'm willing to concede to El Grillo (winner) and Khan (2nd).

With Ginger nearing death, is that enough to call "A"?

That probably is. I missed that. Khan said he was happy to play out for 2nd only.

Looks like B is falling into the "Sian is losing and therefore failing to play turns" hole, but 1/2/3 doesn't seem to be resolved enough to call it for rnd2. Might need to get him subbed out if they want to get it to a resolution....