Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

Imperium 46 - Ground Pounders

(July 3rd, 2018, 13:36)Coeurva Wrote: I wasn't aware of that rule and frankly don't think it makes sense because "it's Realms Beyond", competitors will not read spoilers; but I'll obey the custom nonetheless (also because it's Realms Beyond). e: On second thought it's possible that someone would assume the spoiler tag was a joke or unimportant, or that info would leak via a non-participant reader, I can understand the caution in that rule.

Yeah, RB's rules can seem overly cautious at first sight; but in practice the clarity just makes things better in the long run.

I doubt I'll have time for this IMP, but we'll see...
It may have looked easy, but that is because it was done correctly - Brian Moore

Thanks Coeurva! If you have any general questions about MoO strategy, game mechanics or whatever we love to talk about the game so please feel free to strike up a conversation!

@shallow_thought: It's the opposite for me -- reporting at RB, including in competitive games, is admirably based on honour and trust. I wouldn't read your PB40 spoiler thread; I trust that you wouldn't read mine. Since the largest part of my reading has been Civ4 MP reports, I wasn't aware of single-player tournament culture being different; having looked into it, Civ4 Epics/Adventures ran on the same no-spoilers policy (though iirc Sullla once lifted the ban for a somewhat-recent Civ6 Epic).

@Janus: Thanks for your patience wink In return, I'll have to wait until the closing date, as I'm motivated by the variant rule. While I could start a game on a different map, I think discussing variant-specific strategy would spoil this game as well.

(July 3rd, 2018, 15:44)Coeurva Wrote: @shallow_thought: It's the opposite for me -- reporting at RB, including in competitive games, is admirably based on honour and trust. I wouldn't read your PB40 spoiler thread; I trust that you wouldn't read mine. Since the largest part of my reading has been Civ4 MP reports, I wasn't aware of single-player tournament culture being different; having looked into it, Civ4 Epics/Adventures ran on the same no-spoilers policy (though iirc Sullla once lifted the ban for a somewhat-recent Civ6 Epic).

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear - the rules (to my mind) are not about honesty (that I take as given), they are about preventing accidents! I'm thinking about some incidents when I first started lurking (the industrial PB and follow-ons, perhaps?) where inexperienced global lurkers asked questions in players' threads that might have been taken as leaking information, even although that was never the intention . The point is that the rules around that ("only answer direct mechanics questions, commiserate or congratulate") are over-strict, but leave a lot of safety room to avoid problems. Similarly, the rules around Imperiums just make absolutely sure that no-one gets accidentally spoiled. They're over the top for that, and most of the time a weaker set of rules could well suffice, but the rules are what we have and they're safe.
It may have looked easy, but that is because it was done correctly - Brian Moore

Do multiple attempts (restarting the game count)? I failed on my first attempt (this game is hard) but managed to win on the third attempt (not sure if I followed all Imperium tactics rules correctly).

utwig, attempts after the first are generally considered to be "shadow" games since you now know about the map and what to expect. But they are still fun to play, and to report on. nod Think of them as alternate histories. smile When reporting day comes for this Imperium, describe your original game and if you have time/interest in reporting your other attempts then describe them as well. Just include that these were shadow attempts after your first game. It should make for an interesting discussion. smile

Oh no! Today is closing day for Imperium 46. Reports are due tomorrow for anyone who has attempted the game. I can't wait to see how things go. If anyone played more than one attempt please post Shadow reports as appropriate. See everyone tomorrow!

Oh, I’ll have a regular game and a shadow game. Not sure if I’ll be able to post tomorrow - might not be until the weekend.