For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

Base BTS Game

Not sure I'm the right person to throw this out there, but some green person has to! I've been lurking the forums here for over a year. Loved lurking Pitboss 44 and am still kicking myself I was too shy to sigh up for PB88. Wanted to know if there would be any interest in a standard BTS pitboss game? Thinking similar settings to Pitboss 44. 

Figure with everything going on there might be some interest and maybe there are more people like me who feel intimidated by all the mod changes. Or just keep getting crushed.

1) Settings:
Fractal Pangaea with lots of lakes that looks kind of like a fritter...
Monarch level
mapsize and other settings at mapmaker's discretion. Only request is balanced starts. Rest can be natural like 44.
No villages, events, vassal states, technology trading.
Normal barbs
All scout and no war until 25

2) Bans:
AP resolutions, blockades, active espionage (espionage is enabled in settings but no spies can be built; no limits on Great Spies), nukes, War Elephants, city and unit gifting (including city transfer as a part of a peace treaty).
GLH, SoZ, Corporations.

3) Rules:
AI Diplo. No communication with other players in respect to in-game events other than offers in trade window. No use of texts, city names, unit names, numbers (specific amounts of gold) to communicate.
Otherwise, please follow etiquette rules as described in this thread: https://www.realmsbeyond.net/forums/show...p?tid=7311

4) Pick method. Point-based snakepick; no duplicate picks. Everyone is limited by five points, features are priced as follows:
4: FIN
3: EXP, CRE, India, Inca
2: SPI, IND, ORG, IMP, China.
1: PHI, Agriculture Civs
0: CHM, AGG, All other civs
-1: PRO
Picks are done blind, before seeing starting positions.
Note: I would say mapmaker can edit point values based on map if applicable. I just copied most of this from 44  crazyeye

Signups:
Mjmd
El Grillo
Giraflorens
GeneralKilCavalry
Superdeath
Vanrober
Amicalola
Lazteuq
Plemo
Ramkhamhaeng

Dedlurker:
Charriu
Irismono
BaII

If it ends up not being greens only.... id be down to play lol
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

If anyone is interest chime in. Just trying to gauge interest in a standard BTS game.

Sure, I’ll play. I think it’s safe to call me green as I’ve only played 2 PBEMs and dedlurked a couple of PBs.

Am i allowed to call myself green since i havent won a PB? wink
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

I would argue that you, Superdeath, are no longer green. I bet somebody would like you to dedlurk.
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

Hi, I would love to play as proposed

(March 29th, 2020, 04:24)Charriu Wrote: I would argue that you, Superdeath, are no longer green. I bet somebody would like you to dedlurk.

Do I fall in the greens category still? I'd be willing to sign up/dedlurk
"I know that Kilpatrick is a hell of a damned fool, but I want just that sort of man to command my cavalry on this expedition."
- William Tecumseh Sherman

(March 29th, 2020, 18:39)GeneralKilCavalry Wrote:
(March 29th, 2020, 04:24)Charriu Wrote: I would argue that you, Superdeath, are no longer green. I bet somebody would like you to dedlurk.

Do I fall in the greens category still? I'd be willing to sign up/dedlurk

I'm certainly not an expert on who's green or not, but I put you in the signedup category nod 

If anyone wants to post anything on any other active forums they are aware of feel free.

I'll sign up to make your map
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.