I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

OSG-36 Over-Friendly Bugs

Great job closing this one out, shallow_thought and Arnuz! I loved the story elements here too! And yeah, I definitely agree with Cyneheard and shallow_thought. This game is absolutely won, and the vote is giving us the opportunity to accept the galaxy's concession in our (over-)friendly buggish fashion rather than playing out a game where we've already achieved de-facto victory.

(June 23rd, 2020, 02:09)shallow_thought Wrote: Interesting that the AI fled from them - I wonder if the logic looks at the strength of the weapon, but doesn't take account of the limited number of shots?

I'm pretty sure it does take the number of shots into account. I don't think it was fleeing from the missiles, but from the bombs. It's an odd but common behavior of the AI that when defending its own colonies, when its missile bases go down, its spacefleet will run from a sufficiently large group of bombers even if you have nothing in the system capable of firing on starships.

(June 22nd, 2020, 18:09)Arnuz Wrote: With this development we start plans for war. Earwig, after an earth wood eating insect, is armed with 2 merculite missiles, while Bombus - the superior bumblebee of course - sports an antimatter bomb and an inertia stabilizer.

These are very strong boats. The Merc one in big numbers, with some Ion cruisers or huge to mop up was already good enough to push us to a victory. hammer

Yay us!
Quote:Get the heck out of here, you nerd!

(June 23rd, 2020, 04:01)RefSteel Wrote:
(June 23rd, 2020, 02:09)shallow_thought Wrote: Interesting that the AI fled from them - I wonder if the logic looks at the strength of the weapon, but doesn't take account of the limited number of shots?

I'm pretty sure it does take the number of shots into account.  I don't think it was fleeing from the missiles, but from the bombs.  It's an odd but common behavior of the AI that when defending its own colonies, when its missile bases go down, its spacefleet will run from a sufficiently large group of bombers even if you have nothing in the system capable of firing on starships.

I always interpreted this that the defensive fleet had a goal of protecting the planet but once the bases are gone they retreat. Still a little questionable as theoretically they can force a retreat when arms are expended.
Quote:Get the heck out of here, you nerd!

That suggests a rather harsh variant... How about no bombs cats??

Impossible of course :D

(June 23rd, 2020, 10:01)Bionic Commando Wrote:
(June 23rd, 2020, 04:01)RefSteel Wrote:

I'm pretty sure it does take the number of shots into account.  I don't think it was fleeing from the missiles, but from the bombs.  It's an odd but common behavior of the AI that when defending its own colonies, when its missile bases go down, its spacefleet will run from a sufficiently large group of bombers even if you have nothing in the system capable of firing on starships.

I always interpreted this that the defensive fleet had a goal of protecting the planet but once the bases are gone they retreat. Still a little questionable as theoretically they can force a retreat when arms are expended.

Sometimes I WANT my bases or ships to die quickly. It's pretty rare but it can happen. Not that I count on this AI to make brilliant decisions.