Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

FFH Adventure 9 Potluck Takeover

I'd have to explore that. My version is probably a couple of years old.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

I redownloaded EMM, but it's about as much of a mess as I remember; you can thankfully disable most of the more divergent elements from regular civ gameplay, but there's still a bunch of new mana and other resources, and like 80 leaders and 40 map types to scroll through when starting a new game, though most of that is irrelevant for an Adventure. More concerning is a curious bug which is turning every game I start into some sort of frozen land covered in blizzards and ice and "bison" resources, regardless of map type. Maybe I have some setting enabled which is inadvertently causing the changes?

I think a lot of playtesting will be required for whichever modmod is employed, since it's also easy to envision every MNAI game devolving into a stupid nightmare where half the AI declare on the human within a few turns of taking over the civ, and then spend the next 100 turns refusing to make peace, as they romp around spitefully pillaging random tile improvements.

Or perhaps beg Charriu to integrate whatever improvements make MNAI run better into EitB wink

(April 18th, 2021, 23:12)Bobchillingworth Wrote: I redownloaded EMM, but it's about as much of a mess as I remember; you can thankfully disable most of the more divergent elements from regular civ gameplay, but there's still a bunch of new mana and other resources, and like 80 leaders and 40 map types to scroll through when starting a new game, though most of that is irrelevant for an Adventure.  More concerning is a curious bug which is turning every game I start into some sort of frozen land covered in blizzards and ice and "bison" resources, regardless of map type.  Maybe I have some setting enabled which is inadvertently causing the changes? 

I think a lot of playtesting will be required for whichever modmod is employed, since it's also easy to envision every MNAI game devolving into a stupid nightmare where half the AI declare on the human within a few turns of taking over the civ, and then spend the next 100 turns refusing to make peace, as they romp around spitefully pillaging random tile improvements. 

Or perhaps beg Charriu to integrate whatever improvements make MNAI run better into EitB wink

I downloaded EEM Continued and it seems pretty normal to me. A few extra resources, and I only saw a few map scripts with the mod. The extra leaders are "minor leaders" from scenarios that can be turned off in the settings.

I started up a regular game on ErebusContinents and it looked like every other single player FFH2 game I've ever started, other than the UI changes of course.

There is a setting (can't remember what it's called) which I think starts the game still in the Ice Age from FFH 1, which slowly thaws out over time. Maybe you had that checked?

I'll play a full test game before I post the save to see if there are any problems.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

I've played a few games last year with the then current EMM continued version, which ran smoothly. I'm not convinced that the extra manas add anything useful to the game. But the reason for the mod is the AI anyways. Which I feel operated rather smart.

I'd be interested in playing, although I don't know if I could get a game to conclusion. Shamefully my report for the last adventure still ends at 2/3.

My current version of EMM seems more limited than others. I will play the latest tonight and check if theres any content elements I want to address.

I've updated and tested EMM. At 285 on a huge Deity map with everyone at war, the turn timer is still less than two minutes, and possibly around one minute. As such, I feel comfortable using EMM.

I've also tested out the changes ExtraModMod makes. Beyond EitB 12.1, ExtraModMod is pretty minimal in the changes. There are:
  • No additional Civs, religions, wonders, fundamental tile or civic changes.
  • Additional resources which mostly add more variety to maps (e.g. Bison as a additional tundra-based resource). If desired, I can edit these out of the map, though I don't see a reason to.
  • Improved AI, functionality, BUG integration etc. (from MNAI)
  • New events (from integrating other mods).
  • Multiple production mods (i.e. so two warriors can be built in a turn using overflow).
  • Slight changes to Unique Features.
  • Numerous small tweaks.
The primary changes are:
  • Introducing three new mana types (Dimensional, Force, and Creation). These allow each civ to have an associated mana (as originally intended).
  • Vastly increased leader pool, following the EitB tradition. However, EMM also adds several new traits: Sage (+20% research), Slaver (+10% commerce, all units have a chance to turn enemies into slaves), Savage (units start with savage, which makes them immune to fear and heal whilst moving), Agrarian (+1 food on tiles with 4 food) and Imperialistic (faster settler production and great general emergence).
  • Advanced tactics, which alters diplomacy and allows great generals to be generated through combat. Can be disabled.
  • BarbsPlus, which strengthens barbarians that spawn further from players, as well as providing a greater variety of enemies. The differential strength can be disabled.
  • Technology propagation (an alternative to tech trading, reducing the cost of techs as it is more well known).
  • New civics specific to Sidar and Grigori and new urban planning civic, as well as some tweaks to other late-era civics (I don't remember the EitB versions well enough to know what changed).
Changelog and feature list attached. (The changes made since that 2018 version are mostly just bug fixes).

In general, I consider these relatively minor changes from the EitB base, and less than the changes EitB makes to FFH2. Unless there are any major objections, I will use EMM as my base going forward. Please sing out if there are features you would like my maps to avoid.

Attached Files
.txt   emm_changelog-old.txt (Size: 97.08 KB / Downloads: 5)
.txt   emm_features-old.txt (Size: 43.01 KB / Downloads: 11)

(April 18th, 2021, 23:12)Bobchillingworth Wrote: I redownloaded EMM, but it's about as much of a mess as I remember; you can thankfully disable most of the more divergent elements from regular civ gameplay, but there's still a bunch of new mana and other resources, and like 80 leaders and 40 map types to scroll through when starting a new game, though most of that is irrelevant for an Adventure.  More concerning is a curious bug which is turning every game I start into some sort of frozen land covered in blizzards and ice and "bison" resources, regardless of map type.  Maybe I have some setting enabled which is inadvertently causing the changes? 

Bob, please let me know if these stand. In general I would say the AI approaches seem unlikely based on my recent SP experiences.

Also, it is possible that I may look to use EMM as a base to wind back some changes in the future (no promises).

which version of EMM (and where to download) ?

(April 22nd, 2021, 14:14)Jabah Wrote: which version of EMM (and where to download) ?

https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources...ive.28259/