Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

RBW2 SG Signup.

Since it probably wont get much attention buried in the patch thread here is my idea for a SG.

It will be played using my Better AI mod, the latest version should always be used and it should be used by simply dropping the DLL in your custom assets folder.

ANGRY KOREA MAN!

If you are a avid (rabid?) Warcraft 3 player, you may know of a player named ANGRY_KOREA_MAN (AKM). Now AKM is infamous for two things, firstly and very appropriately, the fact that he always plays a "Variant" his playstyle is unconventional to say the least. He shuns the popular heroes and unit mixes, in fact he refuses to use Footmen, the basic human unit, always immediately teching to advanced spellcasters and siege units. It is most daring to play a variant in a competitive multiplayer game all about optimizing cookie-cutter strats.
The second thing AKM is infamous for is being ANGRY. Whenever anyone tries to talk to him in a game he either ignores them or says SHUT UP I HATE YOU, repeating SHUT UP I HATE YOU until they cease trying to communicate.

Most people tend to either love AKM, or think he's a bad-mannered idiot, or both.

Leader:
We play as Wang Kon of KOREA, obviously! He is Financial/Protective and starts with Mining and Mysticism. And he's Angry.

Variant:
We are ANGRY! And we HATE everyone! Here are the rules of diplomacy:
Never Initiate Communication.
When someone calls us, first refuse their request also yelling loudly at the monitor "SHUT UP I HATE YOU" (ok you can whisper it if your wife is talking to you at the time), there are then 3 options:
1) Demand something from them / bully stuff from them for peace.
2) Hang up without talking.
3) Declare war on them.

* Unless they are an AKM Fanboy. This is defined as "Someone who persists in liking us despite the fact we keep telling them that we hate them." Should we somehow accidentally acquire a fanboy we can reluctantly engage in some limited trade with it.

** Okay. If you play an entire turnset and no-one calls you then on your last turn you can call up someone and yell "WHY DO YOU CHEAT", remember to then demand something or declare war on them, war would be a great gift for the next player!

We are unconventional!
We may not build Melee Units except Warriors! No axes, spears, swords, maces or pikes! Honestly we'd rather lose than resort to training such units!
We must tech straight to Construction (Siege Weapons) and Theology ("Spellcasters"). Small diversions are allowed, any tech from the first 3 rows may be researched earlier if it seems fairly essential, we can research the techs leading to Construction/Theology in any order.

The Purpose?
Diplomatic Manipulation is a large part of victory against these improved AI's. So lets see how they do when not being manipulated.

Map Settings:
Map size will likely be Large, so I can examine the AI behavior on a larger map.
It is likely there will be extra civs and possibly low sea level.
I'm thinking Continents, that'll help reduce the number of civs who dogpile onto us. Or maybe a natural Pangaea. Help me decide!

Other Stuff:
Like I said, it will be played with the latest Better AI mod, dropped in the Custom Assets folder. Get it here.

This is the Holiday Season and everyone is busy. It's a hectic time. As such I favor this SG not having a fixed schedule. I would go basically with:
If you wish to play the turn and can play post a "Got It". Proceed to play and post within about 36 hours (don't post the got it if you can't!), avoid playing more than about once a week or so and may common sense guide us!
Play from 10 to 15 turns depending on the pace of the game and how long you feel like playing (initial turnsets will go 30/20/15 or something). There's no need to be conventional here.

Oh? You wanted a festive theme?

These Christmas Songs are making me ANGRY!!!!!! :mad:
smile

Difficulty will be Monarch.

I play warcraft too smile but just mostly battlenet

Anyways, I really want to try a SG, having read them so much, but I wanna know what level this is going to be.

I've never laughed so hard reading an SG description lol

I bought Warlords, but I have yet to play it, so I'll probably stick to being a lurker on this one.

Hey the last line was "Difficulty will be Monarch"

You are welcome to join regardless of skill level! Ultimate success for me would be if an AI manages to take away victory lol.

Srry, my short attention span has killed me again, Is this Warlords or Vanilla Civ with your patch?

And so it kills you again lol

Korea is only in Warlords. The thread title may have given it away too, being RBW wink

Er, I realise I suggested you start this SG, but the variant has put me off signing up. The "no trading unless an AI is a fanboy" is very like RBW1, which I am also playing and it isn't exactly a barrel of fun. The lack of interaction with AIs really takes something out of the game IMO. I am sorry to suggest a game and not play in it, I hope I haven't let you down and will continue to follow your mod.

Bear in mind that Korea is Financial with Mysticism, the odds of getting a religion and thus some "fans" would be high. It's not really a hard-and-fast variant rule that we must not trade. I could also further relax it by putting Gandhi in the game. He doesn't care about being demanded. He just goes "tut tut" wink.

Besides this is Wang Kon we're talking about! His UU is amazing! Melee stacks fold like tissue and after a light battering horse archers, longbows and crossbows fall easily enough. And he's Financial.

I'm up for this, though I'll have to print off the variant rules to have a chance of remembering them!

EDIT: Continents (or variant thereof) seems good to me.

Considering there hasn't been a lot of replies to this thread, I'm fairly interested in this, mainly because I've never done a SG before. The large number of varients and potential difficulty scare me off a bit, so if a spot is still open I'd say I'd love to play if there will be a lot of discussion of the turnsets and what to do next.