Create an account  

RB PB7[Spoilers] - Tales of Munky Island

Meow

./l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Its a cat.
In Soviet Russia, Civilization Micros You!

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."
“I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.”

Can someone change it to 'Munky'?

I'm retarded.

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."
“I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.”

Your start

[Image: pb7_mongolia.jpg]

What's my civ?

You're Hatty of Mongolia

Opening Theory DedLurker, Checking In (i.e., at some point I'll be globally lurking, but want to make sure that you have a decent start).

That start is an amazing capital, but it's not a quick-starting capital. Between a FP in the fog, a 3/0/2 lake post-Lighthouse, Salt Clams, Grass Cow, and Grass Wet Rice, not to mention at least ELEVEN forests, there's +12 food in the medium-term from those many tiles, and more forests than you'll know what to do with. However, there's no corn for a 6f quick growth. Also, while Hatty is great, and the Keshik and Ger are good...your starting techs are GODAWFUL. Wheel/Hunting is just junk. What techs do you want, ideally?
1) Agriculture. Must come first. Period. No food = no life.
2) Mining + BW are obviously good b/c of the forests, and Spi for free revolt into Slavery.
3) AH and Fishing are also nice b/c of the food res you've got.
4) Pottery will be good. Pottery will be late.

Wheel + Hunting barely do anything for those early priorities. Whereas if you were Hatty of China, this start would be beyond crazy, instead of merely crazy.

So, I propose that you sim out the following, on a Monarch/Huge Pangaea map (VERY IMPORTANT that you get the difficulty level and map size correct):
1) Agri --> Mining --> BW start. Either Worker --> Warrior --> Worker, or Worker --> Worker; you'll want at least 2 workers going nuts on those forests, that's for sure. Then you can head for either AH or Pottery, and on from there.
2) Agri --> AH --> Mining --> BW. Just in case the 4/2 cows are a huge boost. I doubt it.
3) Agri --> Fishing --> Mining --> BW. Worker --> Work Boat with something to fill time in the tech path...I doubt this will work as well.

T0
Well apparently I have one of the best starts ever:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0066.jpg]

4 Food, 30 gold hut, and 11 trees...

I'll just assume everyone else has an epic capitol. It reminds me of very clever song about the Soviet Union:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8

antisocialmunky Wrote:4 Food, 30 gold hut, and 10 trees...

I'll just assume everyone else has an epic capitol.

I'd miscounted from the earlier screenie. There's "only" 10 trees inside your BFC.

A T1 hut could give even more goodies, as well.

But the other players don't need "epic" capitals to keep up with us. I think in terms of getting the Civ snowball rolling (i.e., the first 30-40t), even a start that looks like a lot weaker, like wet corn + 5 forests, would be very comparable. Where this city will shine is in the post-Monarchy phase of the game, when it's going to be gigantic and running nothing but cottages after the food tiles, and that city #2 can share the rice just fine without hurting the capital overmuch.

Also, naming theme?

That's true. I dunno what a good naming scheme would be? Going by my thread title, classic 90's game?

Works for me.

Capital: Civilization.

There's plenty of games available, even if we limit ourselves to PC titles.