I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Gillette Turn Discussion

This will be our general turn-by-turn discussion thread. We will probably have a separate thread for actual turn reports, but here we can discuss the turns.

Alright, we are up for T0 rather quickly, so let's confirm our plans here.

[Image: t0_turn_discussion.JPG]

From our initial discussions, the general consensus was to move our warrior 1S and our scout NW-W onto the plains forest hill. This should give us maximum visibility on tiles surrounding us. I think we also generally felt 1NW was the best tile to settle on, though potentially subject to change based on scouting info.

Any additional thoughts? Just because the first two teams played quickly does not mean we need to rush - this turn is crucial - we can always blitz through turns after this one, but this one is important.

Yeah, let's go NW-W with the scout, and S with the warrior, then discuss what we want to do from there.

I would hold off on the warrior move if the scout move turns up interesting info.

moved scout

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0031.JPG]

Nice land, I don't see a reason to move yet though. 2nd city could maybe go NW of the scout if we settle 1NW, to claim cow 1st ring but also share deer.

and after moving the wariour:
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0034%20%282%29.JPG]

Even more unremarkable. I don't see a reason not to move settler 1NW and settle, as we had pretty much decided before we even picked the Vikings.

And city setled

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0035.JPG]

Nice work on the first turn, I agree with the moves made. Although wasn't the warrior going S rather than SW, to get a bit more visibility across the lake? Not a big deal, though, as I don't think anything would have changed the settle NW decision.

Also, is that water fresh or salt? It certainly appears to continue south and then west, so we may be on actual coast and not just a lake.

I like our capital as it has been revealed. Lots of riverside tiles, three hills to mine for hammers (all riverside for bonus commerce as well), pigs deer and FP for food, fresh water for health (plus our EXP trait of course), river for early connections. We can also get the bonus EXP hammer on the worker once the borders pop.

What do we think for next moves of the scout and warrior? Scout could go further north, or maybe SW-W to the grass hill for more info to the west? Revealing the area around the cows (possible second city site) would be useful. Do we want to keep the warrior at home or explore with him a bit first? Revealing the area around the fish would also be useful, as would finding out how much water there actually is in that body.

Also, please turn resource bubbles on for screen shots, especially fresh exploration. My eyes aren't what they used to be. lol

Edit: And I am assuming a tech was selected for research before we ended turn? Sorry, just checking because that is the kind of think I tend to forget. duh

Water is salt, fresh water tiles have higher food yield

Capital looks like an awesome cottage paradise, exactly what we want with a Fin leader smile