For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

Epic 28: Ronald's report

Epic 28
Deity is usually beyond my capabilities. I managed several cultural victories and diplomatic victories, but never a military victory and I am not going to try a military solution this time.
Spaceship is tempting because of the Dutch UB, the dike for good production especially when in GA. Still very ambitious for me.
Therefore I decided to try to go for a “cheesy” religious victory.
Settle in place and try to oracle theology

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG]

Luckily, Oracle is still available. So now finish Monotheism

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG]

Get the Oracle:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG]

Get Theology for free:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG]

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG]

Now I have to run Christianity send out missionaries and hope that nobody hates me too much because of my religion and declares war. Brennus and Charlemagne are dangerous in this aspect.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG]

So far so good: AP is in and we can get out of our state religion

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG]

Asoka is spreading his religion (Judaism) like crazy. Lincoln, Charlemagne and Chirchill already converted. I need to get Judaism to spread to my empire, so that I can convert too.
I build a crappy city next to Asoka, and he promptly sent a missionary. Mission accomplished I switch to Judaism. You can also see the Christian cities Vijayanagara, Prague and Philadelphia.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG]

As well as the Christian cities London, Corinth and Bibracte

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG]

The vote was close: 65 out of 82 just 4 votes more than needed:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG]

Yes, another deity victory is mine:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG]

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0012.JPG]

Thanks for the great epic. It was a lot of fun to play
Wenn die Sonne der Kultur tief steht, werfen selbst Zwerge einen langen Schatten - Karl Kraus

Well done!
WHy'd you keep on getting TXT_KEY?
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Nice work, Ronald! I'm sure your game was *much* faster than the one I played.

Out of curiosity, what civs did you send your missionaries to first?

Asoka went crazy spreading Judaism everywhere in my game too. Looks like he even got to Churchill in your game. (In mine, the English went Buddhist.)

Wow, that was very... singleminded is the word that comes to mind. smile A textbook execution of that victory option. I guess you were pretty all-in, was there any backup plan in mind if religion didn't go your way?

I'm trying to follow exactly how the religions played out. So you built the AP in Christianity, then switched to Judaism to buddy up with everybody? Then you won the victory vote... I thought you had to adopt the AP religion yourself (Full Member) to be eligible for the elections?

And yeah, what happened with all those TXT_KEY labels in all the screenshots? I'd guess some mod that didn't quite get cleaned up or uninstalled?

(December 3rd, 2012, 23:12)T-hawk Wrote: Wow, that was very... singleminded is the word that comes to mind. smile A textbook execution of that victory option. I guess you were pretty all-in, was there any backup plan in mind if religion didn't go your way?

I'm trying to follow exactly how the religions played out. So you built the AP in Christianity, then switched to Judaism to buddy up with everybody? Then you won the victory vote... I thought you had to adopt the AP religion yourself (Full Member) to be eligible for the elections?

And yeah, what happened with all those TXT_KEY labels in all the screenshots? I'd guess some mod that didn't quite get cleaned up or uninstalled?

There was not much of a plan B. The only backup of some sort was if I loose oracle to try to go for spaceship because of the strengths of the Dutch dike.

That is the beauty of AP victory. The one who built it is always eligible. Only all the others have to adopt the AP religion to be eligible. This why you have to be careful that nobody else is adopting the AP religion. Then you are the only choice. The AI either vote for you or abstain.

These TXT_KEY labels are annoying. when I moved to China, I only had my original discs and when I was installing the patches to get to the most recent ones, something went wrong. A few text files were not updated correctly, so I get these strange texts. I tried to get rid of it, but so far no success. When I get back to the US and to my computer there, it should disappear.

Ronald
Wenn die Sonne der Kultur tief steht, werfen selbst Zwerge einen langen Schatten - Karl Kraus

(December 3rd, 2012, 22:12)Compromise Wrote: Nice work, Ronald! I'm sure your game was *much* faster than the one I played.

Out of curiosity, what civs did you send your missionaries to first?

Asoka went crazy spreading Judaism everywhere in my game too. Looks like he even got to Churchill in your game. (In mine, the English went Buddhist.)

I sent my first 2 missionaries to Brennus and Pericles? Brennus because I was afraid he would close borders and Pericles because he just was next to Brennus and I could use the same galley.