Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

Pitboss 11: Post-game thread

Thanks for the game everyone. For me, to say I learned a lot from this would be an understatement.

I haven't gone into any other threads yet - that will be an adventure in itself. If anyone wants to plod through my thread (I was much a noob at the beginning of the game) please don't take personally anything that may have been said in there. If anyone wants to check out my civ my password is, ironically, "killazza". rolf

Quote:Map: Random settings determined by mapmaker; no ‘ILOSE button’ starts but no guarantee of perfect balance

We certainly got that! I found the map very interesting, but probably Kuro's start was close to being "I Lose Button".

I don't think I was the best civ player in this game, I know for a fact some people are better at micro, but fortunately a couple of key strategic things swung my way.

Kuro definitely deserves a refund for any time he invested here. I don't want to beat Commodore over the head about the map (I've already done that by IM enough lol ) but we got what we ordered. Next time hopefully we'll all know to ask that the map be at least given a cursory touch of balancing. Including modern era resources....oops!

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Thanks everyone for the game, I definitely enjoyed it. I think the only person I trashed in my thread was me, so I will not be affected in the slightest by your ill words towards me.

Thanks to Azza and Molach for smooth war turns, especially Azza, who put up with the RNG gods disfavor.

Great game guys, was entertaining to lurk smile

To combat my thread's relative disorganization, I'll put together some more organized thoughts later, but here are some initial talking points off the top of my head:

1. I was terrified of Molach up until Maces/Engineering.
2. Immediately regretted basically gifting marble to WLP.
3. I stopped focusing on expansion and didn't prioritize anything really after consolidating Azzastan.
4. The RNG loved me.
5. I had no idea THAT was going on with Halvgud. yikes

Someone should have killed me like 50 turns before the game ended. On the plus side, I finished with 120 knights, which may be a record.

(January 27th, 2014, 17:22)wetbandit Wrote: 5. I had no idea THAT was going on with Halvgud. yikes

Echo that! I still wonder what made Sisu quit the game suddenly.

I haven't read any of the threads yet, I'll get to that maybe tomorrow. What was the issue with late game resource distribution? You know, my civ wasn't really at late game techs yet. smile

Oxy, I would have loved to steamroll your civ right about the time that we got our horde of phracts online and had finished whipping suttree but we were very broke and very sure that retep would use his tech advantage to boat us, so we had to hold steady. Also, we couldn't pay for anything at that time. We were losing gold at 0% for a little while because we planted so many cities so quickly before anyone else could take our free sisub land. I think you deserved better than you got in this game.

The one highlight of this game for me was murdering suttree's stack and that war campaign. Everything else was fairly miserable, but I enjoyed the competition and generally good attitude of the players. Good job everyone.

Preview Oh One More Thing: WilliamLP, thanks for the railroads!

Ha, Oxy...You know how broke we were. Remember that gold gift? Or was it a loan, I don't remember....

If anyone thought we were demanding tribute at one point, it was us begging for gold before our beautiful cataphract corps decided to desert en masse. That would have been regrettable, I'm sure all but two of you would agree! lol

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Our password is killingtime (surprised I still remember it after so long) if anyone is interested in seeing what we were up to. We weren't certain whether that would come to represent clobberin' time, or wasting time. Unfortunately, it was the latter.