I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

EitB 0011 Released!

Erebus in the Balance: Version 11

[Image: BannerSmall.jpg]

Download here.

Note: Unlike the previous version, this installer works standalone, and doesn't require previous versions of Erebus in the Balance or FFH2 to work (it will require BTS, of course). However, as this was made using the steam default install location, if you have any issues, please check that it is being placed in the correct directory (alongside your other BTS modes).
Important Edit: If you don't have an old file named "Erebus in the Balance" in your mods folder, you will need to rename v11.1 so that it reads "Erebus in the Balance"

The cumulative changelog was not rolled into the download itself, but can be found here.

Version 11 Changelog:

• Building Change: Governors Manor stops being a courthouse, price change 180h->120h, loses maintenance reduction
• Unit Change: Axeman lose Mithril Weapons (NOTE: Pyre Zombies/Chaos Marauders still use Mithril Weapons (Deliberate))
• Tech Change: Rage, Righteousness, Commune with Nature, Theology and Malevolent Designs have their price reduced to 65% of current. (CwN/Rage:6800->4420 Theo:7600->4940 MD/Right:7400->4810)
• Tech Change: Divine Essence price decreased from 9600->9000
• Tech Change: Feral Bond price reduced 1200->1000
• Trait Change: Hannah the Irin: FIN/RAI -> FIN/RAI/INS (Insane)
• Trait Change: Keelyn: CRE/SUM -> CRE/SUM/ING
• Trait Change: Volanna: AGG/EXP -> AGG/CRE
• Trait Change: Averax the Cambion: AGG/CRE/BAR -> AGG/EXP/BAR
• Trait Change: Os-Gabella: SPI/SUM -> SPI/CHA
• Unit Change: Marksman now buildable (no level requirement)
• Unit Change: Chariots require Trade (instead of Construction)
• Unit Change: Horse Archers (and replacements) gained +40% vs Recon
• Bug Fix: Chalid Astrakien can use the Crown of Brilliance Spell
• Event Change: Event Sign 3 now gives 20-50 g, average 35, for “Use these signs as an excuse to raise taxes.”
• Bug Fix: Turn Number is only displayed once, not twice (with one being incorrect).
• Promotion Change: Favored now only offers 20freexp (from 30), as originally intended
• Unit Change: Golems reduced to 100% of the price of the unit they replace. (Wood Golem: 60h->45h, Iron Golem: 180h->120h, Clockwork Golem: 320h->240h, Gargoyle: 180h->120h, Nullstone, Mud, Flesh and Mithril Golems unchanged.)
• Art Change: Mobius Witches and Revelers now call on the correct art
• Trait Change: Summoner now gives Spell Extension 1 to Arcane units.
• Unit Change: Lesser Versions of Host of Einherjar, Pit Beast, and Spectre created. These units have -2 Strength and -1 Move compared to their originals.
• Spell Change: Summon “Lesser” Einherjar, Pit Beast and Spectre’s created. These require only the first spell sphere and the summoner promotion.
• Unit Change: Scorpion Clan Archers have their strength reduced by one (to 2/4 +1 poison).
• Unit Change: Mobius witches now spawn at 5xp/lvl 2 (one promotion available).

Please use this thread to report any bugs or issues you come across. I have implemented every change planned for this version, although once again I shied away from altering the dll to roll in the Non-Core Game Events Option and Team Towers. If I do work this out in time for the teamer, I will post an updated dll file. I chose to roll in the Os-Gabella and golem changes, despite their being not much discussion on them because I wanted to get this up fast, but I don't think either will be controversial.

Have fun! smile

Current Known Issues:
Tower of Mastery doesn’t read from Team wonders, only national (Once solved, implement Towers are team wonders change)
Tower of Mastery Requires Omniscience not implemented yet
Built Mobius Witches do not receive xp from civics but do receive promotions from SotC
The Game Option Disable Non-Core Events has not been implemented

Edit:
And now:

Erebus in the Balance: Version 11.1

[Image: BannerSmall.jpg]

Download here.

Note: Although this is primarily a patch (bugfixing and rolling back the Lesser Summons), it comes as a standalone installer, and doesn't require previous versions of Erebus in the Balance or FFH2 to work (it will require BTS, of course). However, as this was made using the steam default install location, if you have any issues, please check that it is being placed in the correct directory (alongside your other BTS modes).

The cumulative changelog is rolled into the download itself, but v11.1 changes are listed below.

Version 11.1 Changelog:

Erebus in the Balance Version 11.1 Changes

Bug Fixes:
• Fix a bug whereby Governors manors are unbuildable
• Fix a bug with the spawn values for Planar Gates are incorrectly coded

Balance Changes:
• Unit Change: Lesser Versions of Host of Einherjar, Pit Beast, and Spectre created. These units have -2 Strength and -1 Move compared to their originals.
• Spell Change: Summon “Lesser” Einherjar, Pit Beast and Spectre’s created. These require only the first spell sphere and the summoner promotion.
• Building Change: Infirmaries Cost Reduced (220h -> 175h)
• Civic Change: Undercouncil moved from Trade to Poisons
• Civic Change: Overcouncil moved from Trade to Medicine
• Tech Change: Medicine Cost Reduced (1400b -> 1000b)
• Trait Change: Cassiel PHI/ORG(ADA) -> PHI/IND(ADA)
• Wonder Change: Kuriotate Palace Requires Two Cities (Not Four) to Build

This version fixes a pair of bugs found in v11, removes the Lesser Summons from the game, as well as a couple of small balance changes.

The Cumulative Changelog up to v11.1 is here.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Now available at moddb.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Hmm. Something's not quite right. EitB 0011 only seems to load when there's a separate EitB 0009 installation in the /Mods folder. Remove 0009, and Civ4 crashes when loading 0011.

That's odd. What if you rename it (my v9 file is called "Erebus in the Balance" only, so if yours is called v9 then that would suprise me)?

Are you loading a scenario, perchance? All the assets, art and otherwise, are copied over, so it shouldn't be that, but the scenario's mod names are coded in.

Hmm. My v9 folder was also called "Erebus in the Balance" only. The v11 was called "Erebus in the Balance v11", as per the installer. I've since removed the v9 folder, and renamed the v11 folder "Erebus in the Balance" only, and that seems to be working fine. I haven't been trying to load a scenario, either, just going ADVANCED > LOAD A MOD from the BtS menu. Maybe there are other instances where the old mod name, without the version number, is coded in?

Does "Erebus in the Balance" appear in the mod list?

The only other places I can think of for missing files are the Trophies folder in My Games, but that shouldn't be called. Could you try with the original mod name (but without restoring the v9) or just try any name that is different from the v9 one that is installed?

On a possibly related note, are you using steam or a normal version?

Just BTW, I've read all of the comments and intend to reply, but don't have time right now because of exams (one of the reasons I pushed out the mod), so expect a reply soonish.

Let's see. "Erebus in the Balance" (the renamed v11) does appear in the list of available mods, yes. It loads fine from that menu, and also directly, if I make the change to the Civ4 config file. Using the original mod name ("Erebus in the Balance v11") without restoring v9 causes Civ to crash. Using a completely different name ("EitB") also doesn't work. However, the mod loads fine under that name if v9 has been restored as "Erebus in the Balance." A quick check of the Civilopedia confirms that it's the correct mod with all the latest changes.

I'm using the normal version by the way, not Steam.

(No worries on the other thread. Best of luck with your exams.)

Okay. The issue then appears to be that there are some files that haven't been changed between the installs that have references to Erebus in the Balance which FFH based mods use and kick up a fuss if not referred to. (Technical terms FTW!)

This is most likely the trophy file, which I have in My Games here:

Try renaming to [Whatever you call the mod]? Unfortunately I'm playing a game with v9 ('31) so I don't want to fiddle around with the mods on my personal ones. (Also I have a bunch of weird interactions from how I installed the mod initially.

Played a game as the Sheaim. The rate of Planar Gate spawns was far lower than expected. Took a look at the code. You may have the variables mixed up. Consider:

EitB 0009
if pCity.getNumRealBuilding(gc.getInfoTypeForString('BUILDING_PLANAR_GATE')) > 0:
iMax = 1
iMult = 1
if CyGame().getGlobalCounter() >= 50:
iMax = 2
iMult = 1.5
if CyGame().getGlobalCounter() >= 75:
iMax = 3
iMult = 2
if CyGame().getGlobalCounter() == 100:
iMax = 4
iMult = 2.5

EitB 0011
if pCity.getNumRealBuilding(gc.getInfoTypeForString('BUILDING_PLANAR_GATE')) > 0:
iMax = 5
iMult = 2
if CyGame().getGlobalCounter() >= 10:
iMax = 10
iMult = 4
if CyGame().getGlobalCounter() >= 30:
iMax = 13
iMult = 8
if CyGame().getGlobalCounter() >= 40:
iMax = 17
iMult = 10
if CyGame().getGlobalCounter() >= 50:
iMax = 20
iMult = 12
if CyGame().getGlobalCounter() >= 60:
iMax = 23
iMult = 14
if CyGame().getGlobalCounter() >= 70:
iMax = 27
iMult = 16
if CyGame().getGlobalCounter() >= 80:
iMax = 30
iMult = 18
if CyGame().getGlobalCounter() >= 90:
iMax = 35
iMult = 20
if CyGame().getGlobalCounter() == 100:
iMax = 40
iMult = 25

Based on 0009, it seems that iMax refers to the maximum number of spawned units, and iMult, the per turn spawn probability. But 0011 assigns values the other way 'round.

Thanks for the feedback, sorry for such a late reply but I hadn't noticed the post at all.

It looks like you're right, I'll make a note to fix that. Thanks!