I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

New year, New Master of Magic! v1.5 fan patch

The time has come for the first release candidate of the 1.50 unofficial update to be public!

You can download it from my site as usual :
http://seravy.x10.mx/Wordpress/

The link is on the left side, and you need the file Master150RCXX.zip, where XX is the highest numbered file. Direct download link.

You can install it over MoM 1.31 or 1.40, as 1.40 files are also included. Just unzip all the files into your MoM directory and overwrite everything.

You will need to start a new game, as the 8 slot vault required a change in storing the items in memory/saves.

This is a release candidate. It contains all intended functionality and has been through some testing already, but definitely needs more! Please post any problems you find, or your opinion about the new features in this thread. This is especially important as I cannot actively play both this and Caster at the same time, and Caster is my priority.

The goal is the same here as in insecticide : to eliminate bugs first and foremost, and to make the game better as a secondary objective.

It is not a balancing patch, does not change spells, units, or game mechanics, except for some really severe flaws.
There is one exception, diplomacy has been completely redone, and does include changes to game mechanics. The original system was beyond repair, as many of the formulas used in the rolls were simply poorly designed, not to mention many features were only halfway implemented, so I had to design the missing parts myself.
If you seek better gameplay, new spells, more balance, etc, you should get Caster of Magic instead. If you prefer the original, this one is for you!

Download the highest-numbered RC file from this link: http://seravy.x10.mx/CasterofMagic/

Install by unzipping and overwriting the files in your Master of Magic directory.

(January 1st, 2016, 14:18)Tiltowait Wrote: All I see from the link is CoM 1.0 and a bunch of Hadriex videos.

Is this a compiled version? Or do we have to patch the files ourselves? If it is compiled, which changes made it in?

It's in the same folder as CoM.
Caster.zip is CoM 1.21, Master150RC1.zip is this.
It's the compiled version. The files in the "included" folder made it in, or you can see the list in the old topic, I updated it. The new ones made today are in the included folder only I think, 3 files maybe or 2?

Here is a direct link : http://seravy.x10.mx/CasterofMagic/Master150RC1.zip

Ehh, I played like 30 minutes and I already found two new AI flaws.
Oh, well, I guess that means we'll have content for RC2 even if everyone is happy with everything in RC1 smile

Does 'W208AI.TXT' unit value calculation consider the number of figures besides attack, armor, to-hit/defend, etc?

(January 2nd, 2016, 08:54)zitro1987 Wrote: Does 'W208AI.TXT' unit value calculation consider the number of figures besides attack, armor, to-hit/defend, etc?
It is considered within the attack rating and the defense rating, which is used so yes.

The new formula is something like this (details omitted for simplicity)

attack rating = (attack*figures*attack type abilities modifiers+special attack bonus)
defense rating = (shields+4)*(health per figure*figures-damage taken)
ranged rating = similar to attack rating

Total unit combat value =
(attack rating+ranged rating)*defense rating*(3+To hit+To Def)/3*ability multipliers/Constant

The original code was like this :
attack rating, ranged rating = same as above
defense rating = don't remember, I think shields+(health per figure*figures-damage taken)
Total unit value = attack rating + defense rating + ranged rating.

RC2 is up, Holy Weapon now works in combat, + some AI ship related bugs fixed.

Thanks! smile

RC3 is up!

Fixed 5 Spell Lock bugs!
I thought only the message was missing but no....

Also fixed cancelling an item charge not removing it from the item, and added an optional file to disable spells as spell charges if they have a slider (as those would get boosted for free, a huge exploit)

+118 treasure value addition has been reduced to +50, and fixed Guardian's effect showing up in every city battle (it shouldn't have activated ever, it's a CoM only retort...)

I noticed right now that with the latest build the AI attempted to attack my Sprites with walking units, and lost while dealing no damage. Another Sprite was Black Sleep-ed by the AI in this battle, so maybe this was the reason for such a behaviour. Seems like it needs to be fixed.