I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Some Help with the Mod

So I downloaded the mod from the link in the main thread. I extracted it to the Mods folder. When I start the game, advanced options and Load a Mod, there is EiTB v12. I choose it and it begins to load...

but then I get an error stating: GFC error: Failed to intialize the primary control theme.

If I press Ok, the same error occurs again and then Civ freezes. Any advice would be great, thank you.

Have you downloaded version 9? You need to have that in addition to v12 for it to work.

Edit: actually not 100% sure but I seem to recall so.

(February 23rd, 2016, 10:37)Aurorarcher Wrote: Have you downloaded version 9? You need to have that in addition to v12 for it to work.

Edit: actually not 100% sure but I seem to recall so.

No, I have not. I have downloaded only v12. I did not download the base mod (Fall from Heaven) actually, so perhaps this is the issue? I didn't think this was required, based on what was in the thread, but it is possible/likely that I read this in the wrong way. I've been doing that a lot recently!

I downloaded FfH and patch "o" also and this has not changed anything. I can try downloading v9 also a bit later on, unless anyone has any other suggestions?

(February 23rd, 2016, 09:42)Khan Wrote: the Mods folder.

Which folder, precisely? The one in your Documents folder, or the one on the C:\ drive? It needs to be the latter one.

Edit: Can you launch FFH? That'll help narrow down if it's the location or EitB install that's the problem.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

(February 23rd, 2016, 11:38)Mardoc Wrote:
(February 23rd, 2016, 09:42)Khan Wrote: the Mods folder.

Which folder, precisely? The one in your Documents folder, or the one on the C:\ drive? It needs to be the latter one.

Edit: Can you launch FFH? That'll help narrow down if it's the location or EitB install that's the problem.

The former, so that could be it! Will check when i'm back home tonight. Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

Also doublke check for the nested mod directories issue - i.e. you have an EitBv12 directory within an EitBv12 directory...

Yeah, you don't need v9, or FfH. The v12 download is supposed to install both the dummy folder and v12.

Make sure you load v12 and not the dummy, btw.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Thank you all for your help, Mardoc hit the nail on the head. It seems there are two file paths on my laptop for Civ4. Not sure why, whether this is a steam thing but I suppose it does not matter. Seems strange that saves for my PBEMs go in one place and mods in the other but more important than anything is that it works. Goodness, I can't wait for some time to play around with all these civs.

There's so much variety, it's crazy. Will definitely be up for a PBEM soon! Another thing I noticed about FfH is that it seems to have it's own community here. What I mean by that is that in the FfH games, if something goes wrong, people shrug, call it one of those things and move on. In BTS, people tend to take things more personal. They seem more competitive, at least in the way they express themselves. Also, some of the maps made for the FfH games are unreal. Can. Not. Wait.

(February 24th, 2016, 04:44)Khan Wrote: It seems there are two file paths on my laptop for Civ4. Not sure why, whether this is a steam thing but I suppose it does not matter. Seems strange that saves for my PBEMs go in one place and mods in the other but more important than anything is that it works.
It's a Windows thing, their new security model. Programs go on the C:\ drive and require administrator access to install. Files go in My Documents and don't require admin access. Civ is a program that makes files, so it needs to exist in both places.

Of course, that explains the save/main install folder separation. Doesn't explain why the mod folder is duplicated rolleye

Quote:There's so much variety, it's crazy.
Yep! That's my favorite bit about FFH, changing civ doesn't just change your bonuses, it changes your entire playstyle. And yet, they're mostly balanced.

Quote:Another thing I noticed about FfH is that it seems to have it's own community here. What I mean by that is that in the FfH games, if something goes wrong, people shrug, call it one of those things and move on. In BTS, people tend to take things more personal. They seem more competitive, at least in the way they express themselves. Also, some of the maps made for the FfH games are unreal. Can. Not. Wait.
We try. smile. Glad you'll be joining us.

-------

mischief Y'know, I've been looking for a dedlurker for my latest game ...
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker