Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

Game mechanics

Are Life ruins supposed to send out stacks of marauding Guardian Spirits and Unicorns?
With the release of CoM for Windows, is this version considered largely obsolete?

Yes to both.

1. If I attack with a multi figure unit, will the defender get a defense roll for each figure? i.e. will 4 figures with 6 attack be better at overcoming defense then 6 figures with 4 attack?

2. Does the halfling lucky feature affect magical ranged attacks?

3. Does if affect bolder attacks?

4. Regarding units which are vulnerable to archers but immune to magical ranged attacks: Are there any others then sky drakes and the magic immunity spell?

5. Is there a way to make roads more visible?

6. Do roads leading through a city count as connected? Is any kind of connection enough to get a trade bonus?

Thanks in advance!

1. No, normally defense rolls are done for the figure in "front". If the figure dies, and there are figures remaining in the unit, then one of them is moved to the "front" and rolls defense again. However, a defense roll is made for an attack by each figure in the attacking unit.

2 and 3. Yes.

4. This is a very unlikely scenario, and I don't recall any units besides Sky Drakes being like this.

5. Not that I know of.

6. Yes and yes.

(March 11th, 2022, 22:41)Anskiy Wrote: 1. No, normally defense rolls are done for the figure in "front". If the figure dies, and there are figures remaining in the unit, then one of them is moved to the "front" and rolls defense again. However, a defense roll is made for an attack by each figure in the attacking unit.

The thing I didn‘t quite get: If you attack a multi figure unit, the multi figure unit gets only one defense roll (unless one unit dies). But how does it work if you attack with a multi figured unit? Is the attack counted as one attack, regardless of the number of figures or is it one attack per figure triggering a defense roll each time?

Thanks for the info!

When a multi figure unit attacks, each figure in the unit applies an attack on their target. So multiple defense rolls are triggered, one for each attack made.

Come someone explain to me how buildings, like Linking towers - your combat casting acts as if it has another 1200 SP in your skill pool and Amplifying Towers - +7 to overland casting skill, actually work?

While I think I know, what little I've played with them didn't seem to effect much.

They add those on top of your "natural" casting skill - Linking Towers add some amount of SP instead of directly adding to combat casting skill, while Amplifying Towers add 7 to overland casting skill per tower directly. Also, pretty sure Linking Towers are a CoM Windows feature, not a CoM one.