For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

WW #43 - The Asha'man

First off let me repeat I'm sorry for the delays. Life can be a real pain in the ass.

Welcome to WW #43. This is a modified Greater Idea Mafia based in Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time world. This game takes place in the final weeks before the last battle. You and your group of fellow Dedicated reside in a small outpost near the borderlands, overseen by a single full Asha'man. When your group awoke this morning, the Asha'man was dead, stabbed through the heart with a plain iron dagger. Clearly his death was brought about by one he trusted, which means it was one of you. One of you has given himself over to the shadow. All of you are nearly equal in power, so brute force will not solve the problem. Instead each must apply his intellect to the problem, and attempt to discern who has betrayed Rand al'Thor, and deal with them... permanently.

Players: (11 Alive)
1. Prometheus - Lynched by town day two. Dreadlord Roleblocker.
2. AdrienIer - Killed night one. Dedicated Mason.
3. Jkaen - Killed night two. Dedicated Mason.
4. Lewwyn - Survived and won. Dreadlord Doctor.
5. Meiz - Killed night three. Dedicated (Backup) Doctor.
6. Psillycyber - Mislynched by host day one. Dedicated Roleblocker.
7. Dp101 - Survived and won. Dreadlord Strongarm.
8. Zakalwe - Killed night two. Dedicated Hider.
9. Gazglum - Killed night three. Dedicated cop.
10. Rowain - Lynched day three. Dedicated One-shot Paranoid Gun Owner.
11. Fenn - Day killed by scum on day 4. Dedicated Vigilante.
12. Novice - Lynched day 4. Shattered Mind (SK) Mafia Immune.

Greater Mafia Setup:
There are 54 Roles available for this game. They are listed below. Each player was/will be given three numbers from a random number generator. Those numbers will then be applied to the below list to pick three roles.

Each player will receive a PM with each of the three roles listed. The player will then order them by preference, 1, 2, and 3. I will attempt to give each player their first choice, but in interest of balancing the game, I might be required to give a second or third choice instead.

In the post that starts the game, the results of everyone's first discard will become publicly available. If you got your first choice, your second choice will be displayed with your name on it, and your third will be not be displayed anywhere. If you get your second choice, your third will be displayed with your name on it, and your first will not be displayed anywhere. If by chance I am forced to give you your third choice, then Vanilla Townie will be shown as your discard.

If it is impossible to make the setup work with the first round of choices, the game will be kicked back 24h, and a new set of options will be rolled and messaged to each player. If they fail to respond in time (which they shouldn't as they should be expecting to be playing at that time) the choices will be ranked randomly, and treated accordingly.

If you feel I missed anything or was unclear about something, please PM me and I will attempt to clarify or rectify as needed.

Roles:
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Doctor
Doctor
Cop
Cop
Vigilante
One-shot Vigilante
One-shot Day Vigilante
Bulletproof Townie
Hider
Watcher
Tracker
Mason
Mason
Mason Lover
Lover
Lover
Cop Lover
Roleblocker
Jailkeeper
One-shot Paranoid Gun Owner
Tourist
Wrong Place at the Wrong Time Townie
Backup Doctor
Vanilla Cop (Receives 'Vanilla' or 'Not Vanilla' results; VTs and Goons are 'Vanilla')
Vengeful Townie (When lynched, chooses target to revenge kill)
Innocent Child (optionally reveals on any Day)
One-shot Governor (May stop a Lynch from going through)
Enabler (linked player is random)
FBI Agent (SK Cop)
Mafia Godfather
Mafia Roleblocker
Mafia Doctor
Mafia Reflexive Doctor (Docs anyone who visits him)
Mafia Strongman
Mafia Tracker
Mafia One-shot Governor
Mafia Lover
Mafia One-shot Day Vigilante
Mafia Ninja (kills invisible to tracker/watcher)
Mafia Goon
Mafia Goon
Mafia Goon
Mafia Goon
Serial Killer (Immune to Mafia kills)
Serial Killer (Two-shot Bulletproof)

Standard RB Werewolf Rules:
  1. Days are 48 hours long. Nights are 24 hours long.
  2. Days and nights end at 15:00 PDT/22:00 UTC. The forum clock is used as the official clock. Votes and actions posted at xx:59 count, votes and actions posted at xx:00 do not.
  3. Posting is not allowed after the day and night deadlines until the GM has posted a phase resolution.
  4. In the event of extended forum downtime or downtime that occurs in close proximity of the deadline or some other event that disrupts the game, the day may be extended 24 hours at the GM's discretion.
  5. During the day each player may cast one vote for someone to be lynched. Due to the impending threat of discovery, "no lynch" is not an option. If no players vote, the mod will randomly select someone to die.
  6. Votes must be posted in red text or they will not count. Votes with spelling errors of names do count so long as it's unambiguous in the GM's opinion whom is being voted for. Votes embedded in quotes do not count.
  7. The player with most lynch votes at the end of the day is lynched and eliminated from the game. Tiebreaks: The first person to reach their vote total will be lynched in the event of a tie.
  8. Anyone failing to vote for 2 consecutive game days or 3 days total will be mod killed and removed from the game with a loss.
  9. Dead players may make one posthumous post that doesn't contribute to discussion.
  10. Forum profile camping is not allowed.
  11. To prevent confusion that may arise in the case of cross posting, posts may not be edited for any reason.
  12. Players may not communicate with other players about the game outside the thread via PM, email, chat, quicktopics etc. unless told otherwise.
  13. Players must check their PMs and make sure they're alive each game day before posting.
  14. If all players are simultaneously eliminated, or the game reaches a stalemate situation, the scum win.
  15. Directly quoting role PMs or other communication from the GM isn't allowed unless otherwise specified.
  16. Breaking rules will result in penalties ranging from warnings to loss of abilities to being mod killed, depending on the severity of the infraction and the GM's discretion.

Alignment PM's
Dedicated You are a loyal Dedicated in the ranks of the Asha'man. You win when all threats to your group have been eliminated.

Dread Lord You are a Dread Lord, a male Aes Sedai that has given himself over to the dark lord. You win when all but you and your fellow Dread Lords are eliminated (or nothing can prevent the same). Because your mission is to destroy this group of potential Asha'man before the last battle, victory can be achieved even if you are destroyed in the process of removing all Dedicated.

I just started a discussion forum at QuickTopic for our topic [Redacted Name]. To join in, go to:

[Redacted Link]

Resolution will occur at 12:00 Noon PDT (UTC -7)
Gameplay will start at 12:00 Noon PDT (UTC -7) on Tuesday the 5th of July.

No posting until start of game. This post will be updated further.

Messages will be sent to the above 11 people. Sending back your order of preference will be indicative of your readiness to play on the 5th. There is still plenty of time for any last minute people who wish to be added, as I will not make the final choices until some time on the 4th. PM if you wish to be added.

Slight rule change regarding display of choices.

Old: First discard shown with your name attached, second shown anonymously. If player gets third choice, then both discards shown anonymously.

New: First discard shown with your name attached, second not shown at all. If player gets third choice, then discard shown as Vanilla Townie.

Game still doesn't start for a little over one hour, but I might not be available at 1200h so...

The discards, order taken from the signup post.

1. Prometheus - Vanilla Townie
2. AdrienIer - Hider
3. Jkaen - Hider
4. Lewwyn - Vanilla Townie
5. Meiz - One-shot Vigilante
6. Psillycyber - One-shot Vigilante
7. Dp101 - Mafia Lover
8. Zakalwe - One-shot Governor
9. Gazglum - Doctor
10. Rowain - Vanilla Townie
11. Fenn - Backup Doctor
12. Novice - Mafia Godfather

Day 1 Begins.

Well well Day 1 starts and for half an hour nobody posts?

Additional to the vanilla townie I also discarded 1-shot Governor. I kept another role that is absolutely fitting to me smile.

It is my intention to claim it around lynch-time (either before or after depending what I deem better) so I'm very interested to learn what was the reason for zak to discard it and what was his 2nd discarded role.

novice

Ah let's start over-analyzing this.

Gut list of discard strength :
1) Gaz (doctor) and Novice (godfather)
2) DP101 (Mafia lover) and Zak (1-shot gov)
3) Fenn (backup doctor)
4) the other roles
5) the vanilla people

Obviously Gazglum has an interesting story to tell.

Now Rowain there's something I don't understand. You had a mysterious role (the one you ultimately got), 1-shot gov and vanilla townie. Everything seems to imply that you ranked them mysterious role > vanilla townie > 1-shot gov. Why put the governor role last ?

So it begins! Who's ready to mass-claim? I'll go ahead and tell mine. My role is "typewriter." It indiscriminately targets players to drop out of the game by forcing them to read my walls of text. mischief j/k

But for reals though...you know it gon' be bad when I decide to spoiler the first post for length.

Well, I don't fault Zak for throwing away the one-shot Governor, considering how much of a poisoned chalice I found that role to be last game. (For those of you who weren't in the last game, basically I figured out that calling off the lynch, even if you were sure that a townie was going to be lynched, usually did more harm than good).

Hider and one-shot vigilante are roles that I'd be afraid to use a lot of the time, lest I erroneously target mafia as hider or town as one-shot vigilante...which would probably happen to me, knowing my luck and tendency towards over-paranoia. Understandable that others wouldn't want to use them to. One-shot-anything seemed especially weak in a game where those choosing mafia would probably have held out for decently strong roles like strongman or mafia doctor to nullify your one action. In short, I don't fault Meiz, Jkaen, and AdrienIer for their choices.

Mafia lover would just...be a miserable role. (I was about to say "suck," but I thought the unintentional double-entendre would be a bit too crude). lol

Mafia Godfather is a pretty nice role to pass up, although downgrading slightly to something like a plain mafia role as one's first pick (in the lucky chance that one was offered two mafia roles) might actually be worth more in terms of an initial reputation boost for having passed up Godfather. Null tell.

The Vanilla Townie discards seem like a null tell to me.

Backup doctor is not as nice as doctor.

So, I'm gonna go with Gazglum for now. Doctor seems like kind of a nice role to throw away as town, no?

(July 5th, 2016, 14:44)AdrienIer Wrote: Gut list of discard strength :
1) Gaz (doctor) and Novice (godfather)
2) DP101 (Mafia lover) and Zak (1-shot gov)
3) Fenn (backup doctor)
4) the other roles
5) the vanilla people

Lover is not a great role if they don't have a common topic.

(July 5th, 2016, 14:44)AdrienIer Wrote: Everything seems to imply that you ranked them mysterious role > vanilla townie > 1-shot gov.

That is correct

(July 5th, 2016, 14:44)AdrienIer Wrote: Why put the governor role last ?

In my first reaction I had the order reversed then I realised that the role is exactly fitting for me and sent a correction mail using the order Jabbz had used (copy + paste is easy).

Checking in during my lunch. AdrienIer, why exactly do you think that mafia lover is a strong role?