I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[Spoilers] naufragar's fist full of pesos (Montezuma)

Hadn't planned on reporting this, but since I will at some point need a sub, I figured I'd need to lure in lurkers. innocent

Password is
estadia
There is no way to peace. Peace is the way.

I haven't played base BtS in a very, very long time. I thought I remembered a Krill quote about it, but I can't find it via Google or forum search. "Whip what you grow and cottage what you see." Apart from that, I got bupkis.

We are Montezuma of the Aztecs, who is trash, except except except....the Sacrificial Altar is like, what, the third best Unique Building in the game?

Here's the start:

I entered this game because it seemed like zany fun. I'm really not going to take any of this seriously, so could a lurker tell me if I'm supposed to settle in place or move to the hill? For what it's worth, there's almost certainly copper in the original cap BFC.

Settings look right.

An archer with +25% vs armored units? Im sure that will be useful.

I can't tell what's best to settle, but the rules of this game allow to move the start settler. The archer is meant to stay at the capitol for the first 100 turns as a defense against rushs.
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

(November 28th, 2019, 08:01)Charriu Wrote: I can't tell what's best to settle, but the rules of this game allow to move the start settler. The archer is meant to stay at the capitol for the first 100 turns as a defense against rushs.

nod Some settings I didn't vote on, but I did vote to start with a settler.

Holly, as Charriu points out, the archer is for discouraging warrior rushes, so I imagine the promotion is to make sure I remember not to move it.

The starts on the previous version of the map all looked like this. Sucks to be Hunting-Myst. I'm not going to be trying hard this game, so I'm not going to say that ten civs start with mysticism, five of whom also don't have a food tech.

Any idea where in the world your starting?

To my knowledge, starts have been randomized, so not yet. Hopefully, I can understand the geography soon enough to recognize my location. This game will have significantly less space than the RB pitbosses I'm used to. (Which will be a mercy a year from now.) As with any big game, neighbor luck is going to be the key. Some of these players have been winning games for year. A few have never played multiplayer Civ4. Exciting stuff. popcorn

Any neighbors you are hoping for/dont want?

As for players? Well, I'm an RB patriot. I think we're all top notch, so I'd like all RB players as far away as possible. lol Without too many PB45 spoilers, I'll also say I could especially take a break from neighboring Superdeath this game. wink  (And is Old Harry lurking him?  eek  ) I couldn't tell you much about the civforum people. The two winners of the original game (PB73) are both in this game, Kaffeesatzleser and Jesper Portus. Other than that, I don't want to be near anyone fast. My techs and my leader are horrifically slow, and it's possible I could get boxed in.

Old Harry and GKC are both lurking him. At least the Aztec get a good UB to make up for their UU.