Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

PB54 tech and organizing

Miguelito Wrote:Great to hear that! I remember you had a rather bleak outlook in spring when lockdown started.But I guess just more people need network installations in these times?

Had a bunch of scheduled stuff get cancelled.  Didn't matter, everybody else piled on instead.  And then the scheduled stuff all came right back a few weeks later when they decided (rightly, IMO) that this is a big nothingburger and lockdowns are stupid.

The nationals I'm doing subcontractor work for are all having banner years as well.

Wandering off-topic, but it's rather telling.  Any establishment where mask orders are routinely ignored (staff pays lip service to it at best, customers 90% unmasked) seems to be raking in the cash right now.

(August 8th, 2020, 14:23)Elkad Wrote:
Miguelito Wrote:Great to hear that! I remember you had a rather bleak outlook in spring when lockdown started.But I guess just more people need network installations in these times?

Had a bunch of scheduled stuff get cancelled.  Didn't matter, everybody else piled on instead.  And then the scheduled stuff all came right back a few weeks later when they decided (rightly, IMO) that this is a big nothingburger and lockdowns are stupid.

The nationals I'm doing subcontractor work for are all having banner years as well.

Wandering off-topic, but it's rather telling.  Any establishment where mask orders are routinely ignored (staff pays lip service to it at best, customers 90% unmasked) seems to be raking in the cash right now.

Profits at the cost of human lives is nothing new to capitalism.

Can't hurt to get back on topic tongue
Mjmd, I'd just like to point out that there are further pick methods that include a random element, besides the one from pb53. But I think it's fine to first decide on random vs snake and if it's random we see which way we want to go there exactly.

Oh and Ruff, to my understanding true AI diplo means that you can send offers like declare war on... stop trading with... and the like, everything that's available normally in single player vs AI. We had it off in 49 (was a bit bummed by that as I didn't know beforehand I had to wish for it).

ill vote in a little bit, the new season of Seven Deadly Sins dropped on netflix and im binge-watching it.
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

(August 8th, 2020, 15:32)Miguelito Wrote: Oh and Ruff, to my understanding true AI diplo means that you can send offers like declare war on... stop  trading with... and the like,  everything that's available normally in single player vs AI. We had it off in 49 (was a bit bummed by that as I didn't know beforehand I had to wish for it).

Correct, I implemented it as a game option in case people would rather play without it.
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

Forget seven deadly sins ... a new season of monkey dropped yesterday.
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

As another option, I would also be happy to dedlurk anyone who wants it!
Past Games: PB51  -  PB55  -  PB56  -  PB58 (Tarkeel's game)  - PB59  -  PB60  -  PB64  -  PB66  -  PB68 (Miguelito's game)     Current Games: None (for now...)

(August 8th, 2020, 20:08)Amicalola Wrote: As another option, I would also be happy to dedlurk anyone who wants it!

bow
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

I’m still up for dedlurking. Can’t really make the commitment to play on my own with grad school apps coming up...
"I know that Kilpatrick is a hell of a damned fool, but I want just that sort of man to command my cavalry on this expedition."
- William Tecumseh Sherman