Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

Gaspar & Noble make their triumphant? return; mostly just get asked about "The List"

I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

City Names:
Act 1
Twilight Strand
Lioneye's Watch
Mud Flats
The Prison
Ship Graveyard
Merveil’s Caverns

Act 2
Forest Encampment  
Crossroads  
Chamber of Sins
Western Forest
Vaal Ruins  
Ancient Pyramid

Act 3
Sarn Encampment
Solaris Temple
Lunaris Temple
Sceptre of God  

Act 4
Highgate  
Crystal Veins
Belly of the Beast
The Harvest  

Act 5
Slave Pens
Overseer's Tower  
Oriath Square  
Templar Courts  
Cathedral Rooftop

Act 6
Karui Fortress  
Shavronne's Tower
The Beacon
Brine King's Reef

Act 7
Bridge Encampment  
Maligaro's Sanctum  
Ashen Fields  
Temple of Decay

Act 8
Toxic Conduits
Imperial Fields
Bath House
Harbour Bridge

Act 9
Blood Aqueduct
Vastiri Desert  
The Quarry
Rotting Core

Act 10
Oriath Docks  
Desecrated Chambers  
Feeding Trough
Epilogue
Oriath  
Templar Laboratory  
Karui Shores

Other
Sarn Arena  
Lord's Labyrinth
Apex of Sacrifice
Alluring Abyss  
Shaper's Realm
Temple of Atzoatl

Using this post to put useful information that I've forgotten and want to remind myself. Oh and amusing past posts.

Bobchillingworth - Hannibal (Charismatic, Financial) of Maya (Mysticism, Mining, Holkan, Ball Court)
superdeath & GeneralKilCavalry - Mao Zedong (Expansive, Protective) of China (Agriculture, Mining, Cho-Ko-Nu, Pavilion)
Lewwyn - Charlemagne (Imperialistic, Protective) of Spain (Mysticism, Fishing, Conquistador, Citadel)
Serdoa - Wang Kon (Financial, Protective) of Russia (Hunting, Mining, Cossack, Research Institute)
Rusten & Hitru - Justinian (Imperialistic, Spiritual) of Aztec (Mysticism, Hunting, Jaguar, Sacrificial Altar)
Gaspar & NobleHelium - Augustus Caesar (Imperialistic, Industrious) of Byzantium (Mysticism, Wheel, Cataphract, Hippodrome)

---

Mod Changelog: https://www.realmsbeyond.net/forums/show...?tid=10069

C&D: https://www.civfanatics.com/civ4/strateg...explained/
Unit Healing: https://www.civfanatics.com/civ4/strateg...t-healing/
GP Bulb Order: https://www.civfanatics.com/civ4/strateg...eferences/

(July 29th, 2013, 19:56)NobleHelium Wrote: My general rule is...if your bpt is the same as the beginning of the game (~10 bpt), your economy is crashing. wink

(October 22nd, 2013, 21:12)NobleHelium Wrote: Sirian doctrine is often misremembered. A very key component of the doctrine is the ability for ships to bombard down defenses quickly. Ships are basically catapults on steroids for that purpose, but it's not available before Chemistry. (Although scooter asked me once whether triremes can bombard defenses and I laughed and told him that they were boats rowed by slaves with a big spear attached to the front.) We really need only one of the following to defend coastal cities adequately:

1) Superior land units, like rifles defending against knights.
2) Superior sea units, like frigates patrolling against galleons.

(July 16th, 2014, 20:08)NobleHelium Wrote: The Three Steps to Exploiting Opportunities and Winning the Game

1) Actually spend time thinking about the game.
2) ???
3) Profit!

(August 28th, 2020, 11:25)NobleHelium Wrote: I don't think there was a need to put the naming scheme in the title no matter how insistent you are on it.

Let's be honest. None of it matters because I'll change the title at least 5 times before the game is over. Kappa

I'll do a serious-ish first post in here soon™ but only after others have spammed up the thread a bit. wink

I need a tier list of players in this game in their descending likelihood of earning their way onto Noble's List with their actions in this game. popcorn

I am good friends with Lewwyn and Serdoa so there is no chance they would end up on the List.

(August 28th, 2020, 12:03)scooter Wrote: I need a tier list of players in this game in their descending likelihood of earning their way onto Noble's List with their actions in this game.  popcorn

[Image: CmodGyf.gif]

I've been rereading or skimming most of my old games and came across this:

(February 13th, 2014, 01:54)NobleHelium Wrote:
(December 20th, 2013, 10:00)Ichabod Wrote: I just realized I used the word solid like a hundred times on the previous posts. Well, I guess that's because this word really describes what I want to accomplish in this game. I feel like my BTS play has been lacking ever since PBEM 38. I think I'm a better player right now that I was back then, but my results were never as good as that one game. Why is this, I have to ask myself?

I think I'm misinterpreting what the good players that I try to base my game on are doing, for one thing. I get quick cities and workers, but then I don't know exactly what I should be doing with them. I just keep settling the cities while I have land and don't give much thought about where I'm going or what I'm supposed to be doing. I feel like I lack the understanding of why I'm doing the things I'm doing due to just parroting other players, instead of trying to figure out why they play in a certain way.

I also feel that I don't know exactly when and where to build buildings. I need to think more about this.

I think I haven't yet mastered the art of the whip. I think I use it less than I should on the early game and I don't know when I should whip in the late game (this goes along with the point above -> when is it worth to whip to finish a certain building?).

I think I can manage my economy better. I don't know how to dose cottages and I don't know when and where to build wealth. I also stopped valuing "first to" boni completely, because I keep thinking that I can't reach them in time -> I have to start understanding when I have a chance to get a certain bonus and when it's really wise to give up.

Anyway, these are some things I need to work on.

This post is interesting. Maybe you should join my next game.

Although I'm sure you'll read the other threads Ichabod, consider this another invitation to use this game to discuss and maybe answer some of these questions. (In retrospect I've just realized that my original statement could be interpreted to mean that you'd join my next game as an opponent, which was not my intention.)

(August 28th, 2020, 12:35)NobleHelium Wrote: Although I'm sure you'll read the other threads Ichabod, consider this another invitation to use this game to discuss and maybe answer some of these questions. (In retrospect I've just realized that my original statement could be interpreted to mean that you'd join my next game as an opponent, which was not my intention.)

This post was also 7 years ago. That's a awfully wide interpretation of next game. lol

I never really played a full game after that. I helped play PB27 but Serdoa played most of that and it also devolved into a fiasco.