Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

Poll: Players: Please select this when you are ready to end the game day.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I am ready to end the game day.
71.43%
5 71.43%
(apparently polls have to have 2 options)
28.57%
2 28.57%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

One Night Ultimate Werewolf #4

I can definitely wait to start this until the weekend.

We have 5 which is enough for a small game, So let's plan on starting first thing next week. I'll send out PMs and request night actions first thing Monday and we can start as soon as all of those are returned in. Serdoa and GES will that work for you?

And as always, signups will stay open until then so please sign up if you have any interest; I think these games are best the closer you get to the 10 player mark.

The play quite differently than normal WW especially as some might not even know what alignment they have at start of day.

Guessing your own role is part of the puzzle, yes.

I’ll sign up. This is always a fun time and it’s so short.

I enjoy this! I'd like to be signed up.
I Think I'm Gwangju Like It Here

A blog about my adventures in Korea, and whatever else I feel like writing about.

(November 5th, 2020, 10:35)thrawn Wrote: So if you don't know your alignment you make your best guess and play according to it?

@thrawn
Homework for you: read 1 or 2 games linked above. wink

(November 5th, 2020, 12:52)Rowain Wrote:
(November 5th, 2020, 10:35)thrawn Wrote: So if you don't know your alignment you make your best guess and play according to it?

@thrawn

Yes this smile

You know your starting alignment and can play according to that. But if there might be a role in play that can switch people around (like the troublemaker), you don't want to be too direct.

@thrawn

They're pretty short. And you can see how my gambits did and did NOT work.

(November 5th, 2020, 16:56)Cyneheard Wrote:

@thrawn

They're pretty short. And you can see how my gambits did and did NOT work.

My take on my play in those games, and some general thoughts (tagged in case you want to read the games with fresh eyes instead):

An extra point: Some people tell the truth about their roles/action. Some are unsure whether they should or should not. Some have every incentive to lie. I was a wolf in one game, got caught (not sure how much of it was me being caught lying vs. Lewwyn realizing he was NO LONGER a wolf and could confirm that I was a wolf), and in the other one I stole the Tanner role so I wanted to die, so I lied about my actions, got caught, and successfully hanged for it - but just read that entire game (I think it was #2), including the post-mortem. So both games I ended up evil, lied about it, and got caught - but in one of those I WANTED to get caught.

Some other people had fairly straightforward situations - they were villagers with roles, they did things with them, they told the truth about it, and had to figure out how much of the rest was truth vs fiction - and what to do with that information.